+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Click. It was an enjoyable movie but Adam Sandler isn't that good an actor. Kate Beckinsale was fantastic as always.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    X-Men: The Last stand
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

In her Shoes -- best movie! I still cry and I have watched it a million times

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Just saw Silent Hill. Are we left to assume that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rose and Sharon died at the end
    ? It just ended so weird.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    This weekend, I rented Thank You for Smoking and Akellah and the Bee. I really liked both of them.

Thank You for Smoking just cracked me up. It takes politcal correctness and the notion that the government can regulate to protect us from everything head on. I've heard a lot of people say that this movie came 10 years too late as the smoking aspect is so irrelevant now. But I think you have to take the theme beyond smoking and let that just be a specific that can be applied to so many areas.

Akeelah - I just adored this movie! It's very cliche, and pulls in so many components that are expected in all sports movies that it'd be worthy of being mocked in a Dodgeball 2. But even with that, it's kind of fun to see an academic competition presented in a sports fashion. The character of Akeelah is fantastic, and the girl who plays her is absolutely outstanding. All of the characters are very likable. It's just a happy movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2101864;
    Click. It was an enjoyable movie but Adam Sandler isn't that good an actor. Kate Beckinsale was fantastic as always.
    I just saw that one too - not bad. I agree about Adam, but I still teared up during the scene with his dad. I'm a wuss.

Also watched Friends With Money - it was decent. And Broken Flowers, which I just couldn't get into at all. How on earth did Bill Murray's character get ANY woman to date him? Talk about boring. And the non-ending really pissed me off.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Thankyou for smoking - loved it! M.O.D was the best part of the movie.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I actually saw "One Missed Call" on On Demand today. Very weird. It was a Japanese movie dubbed in English. It's actually being re-made for America and is coming out next year. It's about a bunch of college students who start receiving eerie voice mail messages on their cell phones from their future selves in the fom of hearing their reactions to their own violent deaths.
    I.E. It's April 8. Girl gets a voice mail on her cell phone dated for April 10th. The voice mail is from her own cell phone. In the voice mail, she can hear her last words and then her blood curdling scream as she suffers a very violent death. The only thing I didn't like was it was dubbed in English. I don't really like those kinds of movies and I would love to see this remake next year in the hopes I'll enjoy it a little more.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I saw Akeelah and the Bee. It was a pretty cute movie.

The last movie I rented was "Lucky Number Slevin". What a huge, giant waste of a spectacular cast.

I just watched Misssion Impossible 3 and enjoyed it immensely. I also saw monster House and found it a bit to scary for children.

+ Reply to Thread