+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

--
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: Dismal and hard to watch, but that's what made it such a beautiful story. Definitely among my favorites, if you haven't seen it, rent it!

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot? The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned"
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

I watched Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room last night and I have to say it was the second most interesting documentary I've seen. Number one was Metallica: Some Kind of Monster. I am a woman of varied tastes
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I finally saw Pretty In Pink this past weekend. It's the only one of the 80's teen John Hughes movie I hadn't seen and had been kind of avoiding it and finally lost that battle when my sister insisted we watch it. I think I was just weirded out by the casting. Harry Dean Stanton as the broke-but-lovable father? A 26 year old James Spader as a linen suit wearing high schooler? Annie Potts rocked, though.

Were you really weirded out, PG? I have such fond, nostalgic memories of that movie. It was one of my favorites as a kid.

Did I mention in here already that Inside Man is fantastic? We rented it a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed it.

I finally saw the movie Quentin Tarantino's production company is named for, Godard's Bande part. This is really the first I've seen of the French Nouvelle Vague, and it won't be the last. I loved this movie! I also enjoyed the special features on the disc, which helped me to appreciate the film even more in the context of the time it was made. I can see why Godard fell in love with Anna Karina, who plays Odile in this cool caper filled with pop culture references, snappy dialogue, groovy dancing, that famous running-through-the-Louvre scene, the "minute of silence," and all kinds of other stuff many wanna-be auteurs will steal pay homage to in later films.

Corpse Bride was an enchantment! As a Tim Burton fan, I was not disappointed; his twisted fairy tales suit me to a tee. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter were excellent, per usual, but I was also happy to hear Joanna Lumley and Jane Horrocks from AbFab lend their voices, and as a horror enthusiast I have to give a shout out to Christopher Lee! Yeah, stop-motion puppets can make me cry, wanna make something of it?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I finally saw (she is the man ) i like it its not really that bad... i think its was funny

FORT Fogey
    I rented "inside man", "War of lord" yesterday.

I loved Inside man, nice plot, 4/5
    War of lord: Nice visual effect but the storyline has way too many holes 3/5

Okay. Obviously On Demand counts so I just watched The Libertine. It was very strange but very good. I enjoyed it. The make up job on JD was incredible! Especially at the end.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I saw "Inside Man" last week and it was much better than I thought it would be. Very good movie.

I also saw "RV". What a waste.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

<< Takes RV off my Blockbuster list...

I actually had someone talk me into renting the Larry the Cable Guy/Health Inspector movie. Yeah, I know. What was I thinking? Don't bother, unless you enjoy buttcracks, fart jokes, and seeing lots of cockroaches.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    << Takes RV off my Blockbuster list...

I actually had someone talk me into renting the Larry the Cable Guy/Health Inspector movie. Yeah, I know. What was I thinking? Don't bother, unless you enjoy buttcracks, fart jokes, and seeing lots of cockroaches.
    thanks for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread