+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Pirates of the Carribean #1. I know. I can't believe I never saw it yet. Absolutely fell in love with the movie, Johnny D, Orlando, the quest, the scenery, the music. Had to see it before seeing #2. Which I also loved. Now waiting for #3!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Even though I've already seen it, I rented FD3 and I want to get people's input. If anyone watches the special features on this DVD, you'll know that the Devil's Flight roller coaster was actually a combination of 2 roller coasters and most of it was just green screen in a set room. So here's my question, if Devil's Flight were a real roller coaster, who here would really go on it? I can honestly say NOT ME! You couldn't pay me enough to get on a coaster like that.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    I thought it was one of the funnyest movies I have seen in a long time. Mr Nerd and I several times

We rented that this week, I was just coming in to post about it! I enjoyed it, thought the dialogue was very witty and snappy. And I like Robert Downey Jr. Val Kilmer as a gay private eye was pretty amusing.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

We've had a lucky run with rentals lately, not a stinker in the bunch.

V for Vendetta - At last, an adaptation of an Alan Moore novel that nearly stands up to its source material! Too bad he still won't be associated with it. Stellar cast include Nathalie Portman, Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea, John Hurt, and Stephen Fry (all actors I respect).

Inside Man - Spike Lee successfully works over the hoary crime caper genre; but not so much that its profane or direspectful. Works as a conventional thriller just as much as a revision. Another amazing cast that looks like they're having fun (Denzel "Mr. Smooth" Washington, Clive Owen, Willem Defoe, Jodie Foster in a small but sparkling role).

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - I see it discussed in here all ready. Great, cheeky, modern noir from Shane Black, whose previous screenwriting work I've long admired. Self-referential in a fun, playful (i.e. not annoyingly meta) way. Makes me want to tuck into a nice, summer pulp novel.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    We've had a lucky run with rentals lately, not a stinker in the bunch.

V for Vendetta - At last, an adaptation of an Alan Moore novel that nearly stands up to its source material! Too bad he still won't be associated with it. Stellar cast include Nathalie Portman, Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea, John Hurt, and Stephen Fry (all actors I respect).

Inside Man - Spike Lee successfully works over the hoary crime caper genre; but not so much that its profane or direspectful. Works as a conventional thriller just as much as a revision. Another amazing cast that looks like they're having fun (Denzel "Mr. Smooth" Washington, Clive Owen, Willem Defoe, Jodie Foster in a small but sparkling role).

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - I see it discussed in here all ready. Great, cheeky, modern noir from Shane Black, whose previous screenwriting work I've long admired. Self-referential in a fun, playful (i.e. not annoyingly meta) way. Makes me want to tuck into a nice, summer pulp novel.
    I just finished watching Inside Man and found it wasn't your average police flick. I also saw V for Vendetta and found all the actors you mentioned played their roles very well. Natalie Portman did an incredible acting performance.
    Last edited by Cornedbeef; 08-10-2006 at 09:44 PM.

Damn SFG! I had to go look up the word hoary! @ me!

I think I'll be renting V and Inside Man this weekend. Thanks for the tips.

I enjoyed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - but I watched it without hubby - not his cup of tea.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

V for Vendetta was very good. Not at all what I expected. I also rented Shaggy Dog. That was Hilarious! My only problem was that I didn't think Robert Downy Jr made a very good bad guy. I wasn't impressed with his job at all in this movie.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

ok I rented V for Vendetta - you forgot to mention that it was based on a comic book. I liked it for what it was, hubby was not impressed
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Matador: Very funny movie. Loved Brosnan in that movie.

Tonight I'm watching V for Vendetta.

I borrowed In Good Company from the library this weekend and I enjoyed it quite a bit, cried a little at the end. I find it difficult reconciling myself to the fact that Paul Weitz was responsible for this, for About a Boy, which I just loved, and American Pie, which I hated deeply. Well, no, that's not quite right. What I hated was that once again America just looovvves a comedy which gave me not laugh one. Honestly, I laughed more frequently during Stop, or my Mom Will Shoot (I saw that free on television, I didn't go out of my way to see it ).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread