+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 420 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Robin Williams Live on Broadway....loved it, very funny

Escanaba in Da Moonlight...parts were funny but not what I expected and not that good,
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Austin Powers 3 and Corky Ramano.

I will be honest with you. I did not want to see either, and thought that they would both be horrid. I wound up enjoying both! I think it helped to think I would hate them, then I'm usually not disapointed, but often happy with the outcome!

Austin Powers (all the movies) have such great quotable lines. We've been quoting for days now
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by shersidhe
    good to know about Enough and The New Guy. i've picked up both, but never rented either b/c i was worried about being disappointed. now i won't!

i saw Reign of Fire in blockbuster, too.... i remember the commercials for it looking bad though. is it worth the watch or only worth the watch for christian?
    The New Guy is silly but fun.
    I think Reign of Fire is worth the cost of the rental and would recommend it,

We rented Blood Work yesterday.
    We wanted to see it when it was at the theatre but it only lasted one weekend there, prompting us to think it would be rubbish, but it was pretty good.
    Standard Eastwood fayre, but I did enjoy it.

FORT Fanatic
    Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. I really liked it. Not surprising, considering I loved Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. I watch a lot of movies (I have Netflix) - but that's the only one that sticks out right now. I will give a quick shout out to Map of the Human Heart, which I watch again and again. Great flick.

The last movies we rented were Royal Tennenbaums & Count of Monte Cristo.

Royal Tennenbaums~ I was severely disappointed, as I had heard great things about it, plus it was chock full of A-list actors (Angelica Huston, Gene Hackman, Danny Glover, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bill Murray...) I just didn't "get" it I guess. Overall, it was boring.

Count of Monte Cristo ~ I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Lived up to all the good things I'd heard about it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Wow, I could have sworn I posted here but I don't see it. I just received the Goldmember on dvd for Christmas and wanted to say that it was very funny but I was a bit disappointed, I thought part II was better. I thought that in this part, they really didn't bring out the best of the characters, they didn't play up too much on Austin Powers or with Dr. Evil. He didn't say Oh Groovy baby or any of his usual trademark lines and Dr. Evil was too mellow in this one. Anyway if I were Siskel and Roeber I would give this one 3.5 stars. Worth seeing but not more than once.

I saw Reign of Fire this past weekend. Even though, I had already seen it in the theatre, I kind of liked it so I watched it again. It's definitely not a great movie, but it's okay.

I finally broke down & rented MIB II a couple of weeks ago. Bit of a letdown from the first but it was still good enough.

Originally posted by jodaar
    I finally broke down & rented MIB II a couple of weeks ago. Bit of a letdown from the first but it was still good enough.
    We rented that last night. I liked it. Wasn't anything spectacular, but I didn't expect it to be. Lately, I have low expectations of movies, so if they're even decent, it's a nice surprise, but if they suck, then it's not such a letdown, even though it's 1-1/2 to 2 hours of my time wasted. I must say though, that I did allow myself to have high expectations of Royal Tennenbaums, & ended up disappointed.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

MIB II is definitely not as good as the first film, but still quite enjoyable to me.

+ Reply to Thread