+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    16 Blocks - started really slow and then picked up. I really disliked Mos Def's nasal, bleating voice.
    I posted about this movie not long ago and said I liked it and was pleasantly surprised by it. But, you are right, Mos Def's voice almost killed it for me. It was completely distracting. Is it his real voice? If not, why use it? I don't find it adds to the caracter. If anything, it makes him look and sound dumb.

Rumour Has It - Shirley MacLaine stole this show - I found it was hilarious...definitely a chick flick though

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    I thought it was one of the funnyest movies I have seen in a long time. Mr Nerd and I several times
    Mean Creek:
    I thought it was decent. Mr Nerd was really touched by it. He sat there quiet for a bit. Then he finally just said "wow" He hadn't "felt like that since American history X"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Oceans 12...it was ok

she is the man....ummm its was ok

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    I thought it was one of the funnyest movies I have seen in a long time. Mr Nerd and I several times
    I convinced my husband to rent it because "someone on the Fort who's opinion I respect rented it and liked it". He relented, expecting the worse. We both liked it very much and laughed a lot. I was never a fan of Val Kilmer, but I loved him in this movie. And what can I say about Robert Downey Jr? Love him.

16 Blocks - I watched the alternate ending as well as the theatrical version and the theatrical was better imo. As for the movie, it had some good moments but I expected better. And while I liked the character Mos Def played, his voice really annoyed me the entire movie. Does he normally sound like that?

Aeon Flux - Yuck. They could have done so much with this script but instead it was mostly crap.

Nanny McPhee - The best of the bunch that I rented. Very cute movie.

Miss Congeniality 2 - Not sure why the decided to pick the movie up a few weeks after where it left off. They could have easily did a "one (or two) year later" and would have been fine for the storyline. It was okay (loved the scene with Dolly Parton) but a sequel was not necessary. The supporting cast were better than the star.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I posted about this movie not long ago and said I liked it and was pleasantly surprised by it. But, you are right, Mos Def's voice almost killed it for me. It was completely distracting. Is it his real voice? If not, why use it? I don't find it adds to the caracter. If anything, it makes him look and sound dumb.
    I think he's aiming to be the black, male Meryl Streep.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I think he's aiming to be the black, male Meryl Streep.
    I went back after I posted and read that several others found his voice annoying as well. But he did a great job in the role otherwise. I really felt for his character and overall he did a good job. I hope to see him in more films, sans the nasally, bleating voice (as Duxxy so eloquently put it ).

V for Vendetta. I enjoyed it.

+ Reply to Thread