+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    i finished watching "skeleton key" this morning ... i have to say, the ending saved the movie for me. i honestly wasn't too impressed thought most of it, but wow. i never saw it coming. that's all i'll say.

The Family Stone-Okay, the funniest parts were in the previews

Failure To Launch-Pretty good, don't think I'll be adding it to my collection though.

This weekend I saw:

Unleashed - Jet Li lives his life as a pitbull type fighter with a bad "owner." I rented it for the husband since he likes these types of action films. It had a little of everything - comedy, love, sadness, and of course fighting scenes. All in all okay but it dragged at times. The ending was sweet.

Failure to Launch - the funniest part of the movie (to me) was when the credits are rolling at the end and Kathy Bates and Terry Bradshaw
    Click to see Spoiler:
    sing their little happy song "Hit the road Tripp and don't you come back no more no more."
    Cute movie but like karna68, I wouldn't add to my collection.

Firewall - I love Harrison Ford and Paul Bettany so I had high hopes for this. It was a little disappointing though. For any Chloe fans of 24, she has a part in it and is pretty good.

When A Stranger Calls - The original gave me nightmares. This one only had some elements of the original and overall was just another "teenager gets stalked by psycho while babysitting" story. They may as well have given it a new name and just let it run on its own storyline. The ending wasn't even the same as the original. Why do a remake when you hardly even use the original story? It could easily have been called anything else. I found myself more interested in the indoor aviary because I always thought it would be cool to have one.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I rented three movies this weekend. I first watched Napoleon Dynamite which left me underwhelmed, given the hype about how funny it was. I think I laughed at two points in the movie. Then I watched Brokeback Mountain which, apparently, was a love story between the director and editor and the DP, because it was all about the pretty shots. As a fan of the short story, I was seriously disappointed by the fakey additions of movie cowboy-speak and the utterly pointless addition of characters to drag out what should have been a 1:45 movie. Jake & Heath did a better job than I would have thought, however. Finally, tonight, I saw Where The Truth Lies which was the best of the three because it held my interest the entire time, even though
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the butler did it
    and how trite is that?!?!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Okay, me and the hubby watched Beautyshop it was cute, but hubby thought it was funnier than I did.
    Tonight Ill be watching Dark Waters, With Jennifer Connelly, Ill let yall know how it is.
    Oh I watched Tale of two sisters, a korean horror film. It was great!!! I didnt even guess the ending!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Saw this on the bus on the way home. It was called Mr.3000 (2004)

It's a comedy/drama/sport movie. If any of your guys like baseball, they might enjoy this. It's about a man who hits his 3,000th home run and retires a hero. Then they discover an accounting mistake, and he returns at age 47 in order to try to get 3 more runs and get back in the record books. It stars Bernie Mac and Angela Bassett. Quite funny, actually.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The Producers (2005 edition). I liked it. I also liked some of the outtakes in the special feature section.

I just rented Arrested Development Season 1. LOVED IT. Gotta get the second season now.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I just watched House of Sand and Fog, due to all the raves on this thread about it, and what a powerful movie.

rented Failure to Launch and didn't really like it as much as I thought I would. I think I would have liked different stars in it.

rented Syrianabut have not watched it yet, I'm nervous that I'll hate this one too
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread