+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

This weekend I rented 2 other movies
    Freedomland, with Samuel L. Jackson and Julianne Moore. It is the story of the kidnapping of a 4-years-old boy, allegedly by a black man from the projects and the interracial conflics that ensue. Started out fantastic, but turned out disappointing. It felt like they rushed the ending and didn't build on the impact of the first hour.

Munich, maybe it was because I was tired, but although it was very well acted, I didn't really get into it. Also, the details of the movie are hard to follow and I wasn't able to ask questions to my husband, who was out for the first part.

FORT Newbie
    Recently, I have just watched the "Over the Hedge" and "Just like Heaven".

I really liked over the hedge. It wasn't my first choice of movie but it was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it a lot.

About the "Just like Heaven", I learned from this review http://mydvdreviews.com/2006/06/12/just-like-heaven/ that this movie was a box-office hit, owing its success to the metaphysical comedic romance story. And I agree for this! this was great and a perfect date movie to watch

I just watched Munich as well,and I think Eric Bana was very good in it.

I am surprised that Steven Spielberg didn't do an a movie about the actual story of the Olympians being taken hostage and their stories,but rather chose to go in the direction of the people hired to take out the people behind the operation.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

My movies(Odd collection, as each member of my family gets to pick one)

Me- Aeon Flux
    Sis- Underworld Evolution(she's eleven!)
    Mom- When a stranger calls
    Cari- Harry Potter

Oops! forgot one!

Marla- Three, Extremes(weird movie, I must say!)

Overall, my saturday night was very interesting. Two sci-fi, two horror, and one kiddy flick. I'm not sure why, but it was fun.

We just Netflixed The wedding crashers and some awful baby video.

Next in the mail I have Mysterious Skin (for me) and Grandmas boy (for Mr Nerd). I'll let you know what I think
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

We rented "Mommie Dearest" after I saw the hilarious remix of it with "Mamma Mia" song at the club year ago (you can PM me if you want a link to it.) I thought it would be funny, but to my surprise, it isn't... it is freaky. just so horrible to see the child abuse and based on an author's life growing up in the household of Joan Crawford.
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

giz
    Tonight me and the kids went to see Willy Wonka. What an amazing film. I wonder if the art directors get much say, or if Tim Burton has these things all pictured in his head. Johnny Depp is amazing, he is just unrecognisable from Captain Jack, to Roux the gypsy, to Willy Wonka to Ed Wood. After the film two people told me I look like HBC, hopefully they meant without the wierd teeth she sported in this film. Visually it was stunning, so much to look at and I enjoyed all the little visual jokes (2001 for example). What did the rest of you think of it?

I bought Match Point on PPV last night, I was so bored. I thought Scarlett did a great job in it but I wasn't impressed with the lead actor at all.

The storyline also drug out, it wasn't until the end that I started really paying attention.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Grandmas boy was awful. Just terrible. The first 30 min I was stone faced and annoyed. 2 of the 3 old ladies were funny, and 1 supporting character was very funny... but over all, it was an insult to ones intelligence.

Mysterious skin, I am still processing that one. It was a lot more graphic than I had ever imagined it would be.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Well now that Im on bedrest, Netflix is my best friend!

The Island...I actually enjoyed it. Sure it was a combo of tons of other sci-fi movies but it was enjoyable. Scarlett Johansson is simply gorgeous!!!! and Ewan McGregor *sigh*

I watched Hostel with my hubby...I like horror movies bit this was horrible.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread