+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Newbie
    the answer is this lord of the ring 3

crow 4 it was not that great at all

Just rented the 40 year old Virgin, Munich, Aeonflux, and When a Stranger Calls.

We've seen 40 yr old and Stranger and both were really good. I liked that When A Stranger Calls is a pyschological thriller and keeps you in suspense throughout the movie.

Watched:

"Crash" - liked it a lot except for the part where
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the young cop played by Ryan Phillippe killed the guy who was going to show him he had a statue just like him. I understand why the cop thought the guy might be pulling out a gun but he's the one who picked him up to begin with.

"Fun with Dick and Jane" - cute movie. The scenes the son were in were so funny because he
    Click to see Spoiler:
    would always speak spanish to them or with a spanish accent

"Derailed" - I just wanted to smack Clive Owen throughout the whole movie. What a big wuss.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    only in the end did he redeem himself, but just barely.

I still have one more to watch (The Constant Gardener) - thank goodness they are all 5-day rentals!

I just watch "Derailed" as well, and ALSO wanted to smack Clive Owen.

I also just saw "North Country", "Mrs. Henderson Presents", "The Family Stone" and something or other new that had Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner. That last one (with Aniston and Costner) I didn't like at all (and thought I would.) I really didn't care so much for "The Family Stone" either, except I liked Luke Wilson in it, then again, maybe I just thought he was cute.

North Country and Mrs. Henderson Presents were both very good. North Country is very bleak, but worth watching.

Oh, and I saw "Duma" recently, about a cheetah. Very good movie.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Aniston/Coster was probably Rumour Has It
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    Rumor Has It creeped me out. Had they chosen just one plot option, it may have been good.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But having Jennifer Anniston sleep with the guy she thought may be her father - even the attempted cover of that plot flaw wasn't strong enough to make it okay.

Family Stone I thought had fantastic characters. I think it would have made a fantastic TV show. But the plot just wasn't enough to make it a good movie.

I rented Shopgirl, because I had a free movie rental that was going to expire, and couldn't find anything else. I wasn't expecting much, and was very pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't say it's the kind of movie I'd watch over and over and over. But it was very good story telling. I was glad that I decided to give it a shot.

Rumor Has It was the name, thanks!
    Part of the reason I didn't like The Family Stone (other than Luke Wilson) is that I really don't care for Diane Keaton in any capacity. I didn't like the story, or the characters. I found it quite dull.
    I saw Shopgirl recently, too, and didn't care for it. I especially didn't like Steve Martin's voice-overs.
    Obviously movies are subjective.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I just recently saw two wonderful, warm, and witty films that just so happen to both have transgendered characters at the heart of their story.

Transamerica - Now that I've seen both Reese Witherspoon's and Felicity Huffman's performances, I have to say that Felicity was robbed of the Oscar. Her performance was far more complex, and she carried the entire film, whereas Reese seemed more a supporting character in a film that was really Joaquin's. Transamerica was wonderful. Though it deals with some tough subject matter, it does it with a light touch that isn't so light that it trivializes the issues the characters are going through. Loved it.

Breakfast on Pluto - I am a big fan of director Neil Jordan, and was delighted by his latest offering. Cillian Murphy turns in a bravura performance as Patrick "Kitten" Braden. He deftly avoids an overtly campy portrayal of a small-town transvestite in 1970's Ireland, making Kitten's vulnerability and inherent sweetness come to the fore. Jordan is successful in making Kitten's beautiful fantasy world (in the midst of political and social unrest) come to life. Ultimately this film is about love and family--which does not always come from the people or places you expect. Stephen Rea and Liam Neeson each make memorable and moving appearances.

I highly recommend them both!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

my boyfriend got 3 movies which I figured I'd hate (he loves action I love horror)

he compromised and got

Last Holiday - he fell asleep I got bored and shut it off
    (I love Queen Latifah though)

Wedding Crashers - very goofy but, I liked it.

Family Stone I LOVED IT. My bf liked it too which is rare. Probably cuz both our families are big and wacky.
    Was nice to see Sarah J. Parker in something besides S.I.T.C

Finally, Capote blew me away. Read In Cold Blood x2. Philip S. H. EXCELLENT

And I need to update my avvy but, I LOVED Crash. All of it.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

+ Reply to Thread