+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

See, and I thought the story made it clear that the latter scenario was just a sort of flashback experience of Ennis', not the actual circumstances. See, this is why it should be obvious, it's too open to individual interpretation. How dare the the author and filmmakers make us think.

I googled the Wolf Creek thing and it's NOT a true story...damn those filmmakers, again. It's loosely - very loosely - based on an Aussie serial killer named Ivan Milat. So don't be fooled by those "based on actual events" claims. :nono
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    AJane, when I first saw BBM, it seemed very obvious to me that it was the latter. But the more I have discussed the movie with people, read about it, and thought about it, the more I think it was the former. It fits with many of the other things that transpired towards the end of the movie in regards to Ennis' life. I don't want to go into it too in depth and spoil it for other people. But if you want me to expand more on that, PM me.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    If you are in the mood for a creepy thriller rent Dark Hours. I LOVED it. All the way through I was thinking what the hell? Then it all cam e together at the end. Three thumbs up!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Just saw Cinderella Man (great movie) though the boxing was hard to watch at times, it just looked so painful!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Watched "Walk the Line" this weekend.......good movie and Joaquin and Reese did great jobs singing!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

We also watched Walk the Line, but I was a little disappointed. I agree that Reese and Joaquin were amazing--the performances were fantastic, and the fact they are doing all the singing is truly impressive. I felt the story was lacking though. I was much more moved by the other year's Oscar-winning musical icon biopic, Ray.

Does anyone else here share my love of cute British actors in costume dramas? My mom and I had a little festival of BBC miniseries Nicholas Nickleby, with dreamy James D'arcy, and The Way We Live Now, with Cillian Murphy and Matthew McFayden (two for the price of one!). They were both very good adaptations of these Victorian novels, I thought (though I have not read Trollope's novel), that still resonate today.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

My mom and I had a little festival of BBC miniseries Nicholas Nickleby, with dreamy James D'arcy, and The Way We Live Now, with Cillian Murphy and Matthew McFayden (two for the price of one!).
    Oooh Cillian Murphy . I like him too Snowflake girl. Well maybe, not , but at least . He's got some blue eyes, he has.

My DH and I rented "Darwin's Nightmare", a heart wrenching documentary about the environmental catastrophe at Lake Victoria caused by the introduction of the nile perch into the lake's ecosystem. I thought it would be mostly focused on the environmental ramifications but I was surprised and moved to see how much more of what is happening to the people there they covered. At times it was even difficult to see, I got so upset. But I'm happy I did.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post

Does anyone else here share my love of cute British actors in costume dramas? My mom and I had a little festival of BBC miniseries Nicholas Nickleby, with dreamy James D'arcy, and The Way We Live Now, with Cillian Murphy and Matthew McFayden (two for the price of one!). They were both very good adaptations of these Victorian novels, I thought (though I have not read Trollope's novel), that still resonate today.
    Oh, God yes! Cillian Murphy in a Victorian period piece, you say? With all the proper costumes and the stiff accents and everything? I'm off to the video store as we speak.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I googled the Wolf Creek thing and it's NOT a true story...damn those filmmakers, again. It's loosely - very loosely - based on an Aussie serial killer named Ivan Milat. So don't be fooled by those "based on actual events" claims. :nono
    Particularly when you consider that Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Psycho are both "based" on the same serial killer (Ed Gein).

Anyway, finally saw Napoleon Dynamite. I thought it was cute - nothing more, nothing less. I really don't get all the love and/or hate for it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    AJane, when I first saw BBM, it seemed very obvious to me that it was the latter. But the more I have discussed the movie with people, read about it, and thought about it, the more I think it was the former. It fits with many of the other things that transpired towards the end of the movie in regards to Ennis' life. I don't want to go into it too in depth and spoil it for other people. But if you want me to expand more on that, PM me.
    Can't you spoiler your thoughts, Veruka? I'm sure I"m not the only one interested.

+ Reply to Thread