+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

The Man: Samuel L Jackson and Eugene Levy have a crazy kind of chemistry! I had a lot of fun watching this movie. Very funny and very quick movie. I would highly recommend this if you are in the mood for a comedy.

In Her Shoes: OMG, I LOVED this movie! I thought the whole story was amazing. The acting was superb. I seriously don't know how to describe how great I thought this movie was. I became so emotionally invested in the characters and my heart broke over a line from Cameron Diaz to Shirley MacLaine. Let's just say if you have ever lost a grandma, you'll see what I mean. I can't imagine not buying it, now that I have seen it. My mom just loaned me the book, so I will try to finish it before the end of the week.

Thanks, Snowflakegirl - I'll put Manos on my list!

I loved Dear Frankie.

Kimrs - The Man is on my list, but I wasn't sure about it - one of those that looks good in the trailers, but you can't really tell. Thanks for the recommendation.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Cricketeen, here are the best MST3K episodes out there, and I have almost the entire collection:

1) Manos: Hands of Fate
    2) A Touch of Satan
    3) Space Mutiny (one of my personal favorites, but I love Gristle McThornbody)
    4) Eegah!
    5) Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
    6) Angel's Revenge
    7) Time Chasers

I also like "I Accuse My Parents", but maybe I'm the only one for that one. It's just a little weird.

And, you can't go wrong with ANY of the "Shorts" collections. They're probably the most hilarious of all.

By the way, if you're a fan of Space Mutiny, and want to see the list of all the names they call the main character, it's here
    Last edited by John; 03-22-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Corpse Bride: Ok movie. One item was that it was very short. About 75 minutes long. It was cute at times. I think the story is very sweet and the animation is great, but it is one of those movies that was just a cute movie, but not much more. I would probably recommend it just for the animation. Story is a little obvious, though.

I watched a really bad Horror movie. Straight to DVD, with that Tom S guy who beat up Madam Fleiss. Anyway, the movie is called "Ring Around the Rosie". You have been warned.....

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I rented that horror flick with Sarah Michelle Geller, can't remember the name, all I remember is that terrifying "okokokokokokokokclickclicklcic kclickclickclickokokokokok"... That and that little boy! That movie scared the crap out of me. I highly, highly recommend it if spooky chills are your thing.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

I finally saw 40 Year Old Virgin. It was hilarious and we laughed our asses off! It was too long though. After an hour and a half, I was ready for the guy to hurry up and get laid so it could end.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian View Post
    I rented that horror flick with Sarah Michelle Geller, can't remember the name, all I remember is that terrifying "okokokokokokokokclickclicklcic kclickclickclickokokokokok"... That and that little boy! That movie scared the crap out of me. I highly, highly recommend it if spooky chills are your thing.
    I think it was "The Grudge" a remake of a Japanese movie.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Brief Encounter - Yeah, I know it's an oldie, but I'd never seen it all the way through before. It had me and my husband speaking to each other in very stilted English accents (easier for me because I AM English) by the end of the movie. Pretty great movie though!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    I think it was "The Grudge" a remake of a Japanese movie.
    Thanks Noreen...yep, that was the one.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread