+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Rent: starts out a little slow and the Light My Candle song is kinda weird, but I was so into it by the end of the movie. It is extremely moving and heart-wrenching. Depending on your age...Mark is played by Darryl from Adventures in Babysitting (another Great 80's movie!)and I kept waiting for him to make the turtle face! Totally worth it. This one I actually bought.

Pride and Prejudice: I have never seen a "faithful" adaption of the book, only updated versions. I loved this movie . The guy who plays Darcy sort of reminds me of John Cusack at times throughout the movie, he totally has the mouth. Kiera Knightly has a very strong jaw that she juts out over and over, but she made a great Lizzie. I thought the story was wonderfully acted and loved the ending! Another I had to buy!

Tonight-plans for Flightplan and the Cave

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I haven't seen Jarhead, but have you seen Black Hawk Down? It is really quite graphic. Normally I don't like those types of movies, but for some reason BHD really struck me.
    Yes, Blackhawk Down and Saving Private Ryan were both great movies.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Watched The Color Purple for the 99th million time this morning. This is a movie that never gets old and never fails to bring me a tear.

I can't understand, for the life of me, why this movie never got an award; something was amiss in Hollywood and shame on them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Saw Walk The Line last night. It was really good, considering I hate that kind of music. And I'm still asking myself.....Did Reese really deserve an Oscar for that role? It just seemed to me that Joaquin deserved an oscar more.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesboi View Post
    Saw Walk The Line last night. It was really good, considering I hate that kind of music. And I'm still asking myself.....Did Reese really deserve an Oscar for that role? It just seemed to me that Joaquin deserved an oscar more.
    I agree- she did do a good job, but I thought Joaquin was just better. He showed so much more emotion or something. I liked the movie, but expected more from all of the talk about it. I also wish they would have showed them as they aged instead of just the first 10 years or so.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I haven't seen Jarhead, but have you seen Black Hawk Down? It is really quite graphic. Normally I don't like those types of movies, but for some reason BHD really struck me.
    We liked Jarhead, but yes, not too much action. My husband really loved Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Apocalypse Now. He didnt' care much for Black Hawk Down- too tedious.

Just watched Armageddon. I love that movie. It is definitely not an Oscar winning by any stretch of the imagination, but it's one of my top movie favourites.

I just watched "Flightplan" last night. What a waste of 2 hours, and I typically LOVE Jodi Foster in everything she does. This, while being a bad movie, was actually better than the piece of sh*t that Speilberg had the nerve to call "War of the Worlds". Garbage.

FORT Fan
    We watched DOOM last night. Do not waste your time or money on this one- It stunk really, really bad!

We rented The Descent over the weekend. It started out as a genuinely creepy, claustrophobic and unusually clever horror flick but - as so often when it comes to the genre - as soon as the horror was given a face, much of the tension disappeared and it all became a bit silly. Still, it's definitely worth renting if you're a fan of the horror genre. People with claustrophobia and/or weak hearts are probably well advised to steer clear of this one, though, since it really is genuinely disturbing and frightening.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread