+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I saw "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room" this weekend and highly recommend it. It's a documentary, but it is quick paced, yet in depth enough. Be forewarned, however, if you've got little kids. It's a documentary about a power trading company and it's corruption, but there is actually a scene with naked dancing girls. I realize this could be a selling point to some, but as it's not something you'd expect in a movie about an accounting scandal, I wanted to throw out some warning.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I loved that movie, but everyone I know hated it for some reason. I actually liked the twist at the end, even though I was expecting a horror movie from the previews..
    ditto on everyone you know hating it. I just watched it recently because it was the only thing on late one night and I thought I'd give it a try. I LOVED it. I thought it was very clever.

Also recently watched Flight Plan and thought it was pretty good. I think Jodi Foster is amazing.

My husband and I watched "Zathura" last night and I just finished "Walk The Line". I loved both. The one thing that drove me nuts about "Walk The Line" is it seems like every biographical movie I see about musicians (Like La Bamba, The Beach Boys story, The Def Leppard Story), the artists have either a parent or a sibling that's a complete creep. Richie Vanlens had his brother, The leader of The Beach Boys and Joe Elliot from Def Leppard had their fathers and in "Walk The Line" it was Johnny Cash's father. I found myself really hating the father in this movie. I don't think I heard him say one positive thing to or about Johnny through the whole movie. He spent the entire movie calling his son "nothing". He couldn't even compliment him on the beautiful lake house. All he could say was "It's not as big as Jack Benny's." What a jerk! But the music was wonderful and I thought that Phoenix and Witherspoon made a beautiful team. Magnificent voices on them, too. Who knew? Next up tomorrow will be "Just Like Heaven". Oh, and for those who haven't seen "Zathura", there is a twist that I totally didn't see coming. I will own "Zathura" and "Walk The Line" in the future.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Watched Slingblade! Thoroughly enjoyed it! It was nothing like I expected. Billy Bob Thornton is an amazing talent. Funny parts, poignant parts....you can laugh and you can cry. This could be one of my favorite movies of all times (just behind Wizard of Oz, of course!). The simplicity of the characters...except for the pervert at the beginning...I truly appreciated. Think I'll check this out again! WOW!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Domino. Almost turned it off - Kiera Knightley is dreadfully miscast and for the first 1/2 hour, her character drones on endlessly about her oh-so-misunderstood childhood and adolescence - but if you persevere, it gets quite a bit better - although my husband, damn him, figured out a plot twist early on. Plus, love Mickey Rourke - I'll sit through almost anything he's in.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan
    We watched The Man last weekend and I thought it was pretty funny. It suprised me because it didn't seem to be out very long in the theaters, but it was actually pretty good. I don't think I laughed that much since I saw Dodgeball, and that is the funniest movie I had ever seen.

Saw II: Very disappointed. No where near as scary or thrilling as the first one. Terrible ending! Absolutely no surprises in this version. Would not recommend this to anyone.

Too late, I watched it last weekend. Seems it was made to light the way for SAW 111.

I just watched "Just Like Heaven". What a great movie!!! Witherspoon and Renfro were great together and I loved seeing "Napoleon" in there. The twist was totally unexpected and I loved the way it all came together. 3 for 3. I will own them all. It's not very often I enjoyed all my rentals enough to want to own them all but this is one of those occasions.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Too late, I watched it last weekend. Seems it was made to light the way for SAW 111.
    I know, I was not too thrilled to realize that at the end. It just doesn't seem like a fresh enough topic to continue.
    If you saw them, it reminds me of the Cube trilogy-the first one was brilliant, but the rest just sort of killed the story.

+ Reply to Thread