+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    That cast was extremely varied, wasn't it? I had to keep backing the movie up and putting on closed caption to get what they were saying. It was a hassle, but I still really liked the movie. I completely adore period movies. Any recommendations in that direction would be greatly appreciated.

SFG, just want you to know that I am waiting for the library to call me to tell me to come pick up my book request, The Bad Seed! Should be any minute now!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yours, Mine and Ours: Not as good as the original, but Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo are so cute together. I thought this was a sweet version of the movie. Big differences are more focus on the kids hating each other and this time around the kids plot to break up their parents. I would recommend watching it-it was really cute, but for a great movie get the original with Henry Fonda and Doris Day.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I rented Walk the Line. It was ok but way overrated. I would not buy it but might rent it again later.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    I rented Walk the Line. It was ok but way overrated. I would not buy it but might rent it again later.
    We watched "Walk the Line" last night and loved it. I always thought of Reese Witherspoon as a lightweight actress, but she was brilliant in this, and Joaquin Phoenix was fantastic. The love story between them was totally believable and made me cry. I loved the support June's family gave him when his own family, especially his father, put him down all the time.
    Highly recommended.

We're going to watch "Pride and Prejudice" tonight. yay!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

Watched The Village (Joaquin Phoenix). I love movies with twists, and this filled the bill! The ending was a trip! And the weird part is that I could actually see something like this happening, what with the unusual fanatical groups we have in this country! I definitely recommend it because it is bizarre!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Just watched Gods & Monsters. About director James Whale from the '30's who did Frankenstien & Bride of Frankstein. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Watched The Village (Joaquin Phoenix). I love movies with twists, and this filled the bill! The ending was a trip! And the weird part is that I could actually see something like this happening, what with the unusual fanatical groups we have in this country! I definitely recommend it because it is bizarre!!
    I loved that movie, but everyone I know hated it for some reason. I actually liked the twist at the end, even though I was expecting a horror movie from the previews.

I just watched Saw II last night. Meh. I think the first one was a lot better.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I loved that movie, but everyone I know hated it for some reason. I actually liked the twist at the end, even though I was expecting a horror movie from the previews.

I just watched Saw II last night. Meh. I think the first one was a lot better.
    I loved The Village too but my family had the same reaction ya'll posted about - they hated it. And I think it's because the previews made you think it was a horror film and they felt let down instead of enjoying it for what it really was - a good psychological thriller.

Sounds like quite a few people were hoping for a plain ol' blood and guts, slasher Jason-type movie, but this movie definitely took a different avenue that made you have to think! My type of movie!! There were quite a few 'WTH' moments!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I loved that movie as well. It plays all the time on the Starz! channel. I am constantly watching it when it comes on. Joaquin Phoenix

Just saw The Legend of Zorro: Cute premise, just as much fun as the first movie. Great movie to rent, because seeing it once was enough. Loved seeing Rufus Sewell as the Baddie. Haven't seen him in awhile! (Loved him since Dark City!)

+ Reply to Thread