+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just watched Corpse Bride and thought it was just ok. I was a huge fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas,so this one kind of let me down.

I also watched a movie called Pretty Persuasion and although I didn't love it,I thought there were some funny moments but it was very dark.

Anyone ever heard of it or seen it?

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Just watched Just Like Heaven - I thought it was really cute. I love the Jon Heder character too. There's a funny alternate ending in the extra features section. I think I'll buy this one when it hits the sale rack of previously viewed movies at my video store.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Watched Just Like Heaven, Dark Hours, Rent, Coach Carter, and Songcatcher this weekend. Loved all but Rent. Kinda hated that one.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I rented The Aristocrats this weekend. I found it kind of tedious after a while, although I inexplicably enjoyed any time Paul Reiser & Jason Alexander were on the screen.

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    Watched Just Like Heaven, Dark Hours, Rent, Coach Carter, and Songcatcher this weekend. Loved all but Rent. Kinda hated that one.
    I loved Songcatcher!
    We rented Anatomy of a Murder this weekend...a 1959 film with Jimmy Stewart, Lee Remick and Eve Arden. Fantastic courtroom drama...pretty racy for its time too.

Also watched The Gospel, which we really enjoyed.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

I saw Elizabethtown this weekend - it seemed a bit long but I still liked it a lot.

Waiting... was simply hilarious. I'd say it's the Office Space of the food service industry. Probably not the best choice for dinner and a movie--at least not if you decide on eating out--but one of the funniest movies I've seen a long, long time.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Cold Mountain...Loved It! The "southern" dialect was a bit difficult to understand in spots. Wasn't this movie shot in another country (not USA)?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cold Mountain, as far as I know, was an American production shot mostly in the USA, except for some exterior stuff. A lot of the cast was international though...are you thinking that's why the dialogue was hard to understand, prhoshay?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Cold Mountain was shot partially--for the mountain parts--in Romania in the Carpathians. I too found the "southern" accents troublesome.

+ Reply to Thread