+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Saw II - underwhelming, but still better than most of what's out there. Was the male lead Mark Wahlberg's brother? (was he in some boy band or something, or am I totally off base?) I kept thinking it was like watching a less talented, chubbier, not-so-good-looking version of Mark Wahlberg.
    Yes, it was Donnie Wahlberg and you hit the description right on the nose! I thought the same thing.

I just watched Saw II and In Her Shoes...and I have to say...

Saw II was underwhelming,but I think the reason it was so lackluster is because it was just a setup for Saw III.

Even though I am not a fan of Cameron Diaz,I really liked In Her Shoes. I lurve Toni Collette and I thought that the reason this movie was not more popular is because it was marketed as a comedy instead of a drama.
    Kudos to Cameron (Mrs. Timberlake?) for a great performance. I think if it was a weaker year,she may even have been nominated for an Academy Award.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Bambi II: Really cute Disney movie, has shades of Finding Nemo as it is about how Bambi and his father learn to live with and love each other after Bambi's mother's death. This takes place the winter/spring after the great fire. All of our old favs are back like Thumper, Flower, and Faline plus a few new characters including Rono-a rival for Bambi. Small children will love this movie-a little scary with a couple hunting scenes w/dogs, but overall a really good new movie.

Doom - it was okay for a video game-based movie. Some decent action, and I think it was the first time I've heard The Rock curse in a movie.

Assault on Precinct 13 - another good cops vs. dirty cops movie, except the good guys get a little help from the criminals. Not bad, but I didn't expect them to kill off so many of the characters near the end.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I recently watched "Racing Stripes" what a good movie. If you, or your family loved "Babe" you will also enjoy this one.

I used to play the game Doom (and Wolfenstein) back in the day, yo!

The other night, I finally saw MirrorMask: it's a visually stunning, fantasy collaboration between some of my longtime favorite talents (writer Neil Gaiman, artist Dave McKean, and the Jim Henson creature workshop). It was sort of Alice in Wonderland meets Wizard of Oz meets Labyrinth meets Cirque De Soleil meets The City of Lost Children. With Neil and Dave working on their first live-action feature together, I had honestly expected a bit more of a tour de force. This was much more of a children's film than I'd thought (I was thinking it would be more along the lines of the darker moments in Sandman) but it was sweet little movie. I still found it to be enchanting, witty (in a Python meets Carroll way), at times moving, and of course above all--beautiful. It was truly like watching McKean's artwork come to life, which in itself is an amazing feat.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Well, i dont rent movies anymore, but the last one I bought was RENT. And befor that, the Wallace and Gromit movie, Corpse Bride (hey, i'm an animation major. that's my excuse and i'm stickin to it) and Doom (that one was for my dad)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    Well, i dont rent movies anymore, but the last one I bought was RENT. And befor that, the Wallace and Gromit movie, Corpse Bride (hey, i'm an animation major. that's my excuse and i'm stickin to it) and Doom (that one was for my dad)
    What did you think of Rent and Corpse Bride? I bought them both as well, but haven't watched them yet

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey View Post
    "Rose Red" was actually a six-hour televesion miniseries written by Stephen King. You can find it at Blockbuster in a two DVD (or VHS tape) collection. This came out sometime last year, I think, and literally scared me to death! I LOVE scary movies (not gross, bloody, cut 'em all up type movies), and this one was great! It's about a psychology professor, Dr. Joyce Reardon, who leads a team of psychics into a decrepit mansion known as Rose Red. Her efforts unleashed the spirit of former owner Ellen Rimbauer and uncovered the horrifying secrets of those who lived and died there.

"The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" just came out on DVD (again, it was a made-for-tv movie), and was done as the prequel to "Rose Red." It is really good . . .but not too terribly scary. The author of the book is Ridley Pearson, a great mystery novelist whose works I have recently begun reading. Stephen King was also an Executive Producer of this movie.

In my opinion, "Rose Red" is by far the scarier of the two movies, but I would recommend them both!
    I agree crelsey! I bought Rose Red and The Diary of Ellen Rimbaure on DVD a few months ago, Rose Red scared the [FA Edit] out of me.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 02-24-2006 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Language

The Cave - by the time I got to the video store eveything I wanted was gone. The Cave was a waste of time. The only redeeming thing about it was Eddie Cibrian.

+ Reply to Thread