+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

prhoshay I love The Bad Seed! It's one of my favorite old movies. I never saw The Good Son, but they did remake The Bad Seed as a TV movie in 1985. I think I saw it, but it's not half as memorable as the original black & white film. Seriously, I don't remember a thing about it. Have you read the book by William March? If you loved the movie, you should. The book is even better and the ending (which I prefer) is drastically different.

This weekend we rented Intermission, a great ensemble movie that is a black comedy set in contemporary Dublin. With its intersecting storylines, sprawling cast, and mixture of humor and gravitas, it reminded me of an Altman film, but with a distinctively Irish twist. Colin Farrell, Colm Meaney, and Cillian Murphy (who is so cute in this role) star, but the character who steals the show is Shirley Henderson as sad sack spinster Sally. This was a lot of fun, and made me curious to see how brown sauce might taste in my coffee.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I watched the Fantastic 4. What a flop. Mr. Fantastic was particularly crappy. Only the Thing and the Human Torch were not so bad.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    prhoshay I love The Bad Seed! It's one of my favorite old movies. I never saw The Good Son, but they did remake The Bad Seed as a TV movie in 1985. I think I saw it, but it's not half as memorable as the original black & white film. Seriously, I don't remember a thing about it. Have you read the book by William March? If you loved the movie, you should. The book is even better and the ending (which I prefer) is drastically different.

Didn't know there was a book. Now you've got me going! Library, here I come! Thanks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Saw 2. LOVED IT!!! But I liked the first one too!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

This weekend we rented Intermission, a great ensemble movie that is a black comedy set in contemporary Dublin. With its intersecting storylines, sprawling cast, and mixture of humor and gravitas, it reminded me of an Altman film, but with a distinctively Irish twist. Colin Farrell, Colm Meaney, and Cillian Murphy (who is so cute in this role) star, but the character who steals the show is Shirley Henderson as sad sack spinster Sally. This was a lot of fun, and made me curious to see how brown sauce might taste in my coffee.
    Loved that Movie! I went through a British/Irish movie phase and got to pick that up! I love Shirley Henderson's character too! I never understood why her mom didn't reach up and pluck that mustache off! I thought it had a great ending as well.

UNDERCLASSMAN: with Nick Cannon as an undercover bike cop who stumbles onto a murder/drug ring/car theft ring in a prep school. Cute movie, but very predictable. A little bit skeezy at times with the flirtation with his Spanish teacher-she thinks he's a kid, but they have a lot of close physical moments as she is tutoring him. It doesn't help that she walks around a high school with skin tight mini-skirts and glued on sweaters.

FORT Fan
    We rented
    Dark Water : Stupid movie
    The FogIt was okay...
    Saw 2 Better than Saw 1 anyway
    In Her Shoes

The Fog -- Not bad.
    I rarely rent movies preferring to buy what I want. - just watched the Matt Helm movies and Billy Elliot and Europa Europa
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Ooh, I remember seeing The Bad Seed on tv waaaay back when I just a wee kid, and I've NEVER FORGOTTEN IT. As a young girl, I needed to see the mom 'spank' Patty McCormick's butt after the show...it helped me realize it was just a movie. I saw the maintenance guy, "they've got bloodhounds for little boys, and bloodhounds for little girls," on another show years later, and I was immediately reminded of this movie. I'd love to read the book, so thanks for the great recommendation, Snowy. And a different ending? Verrrry interesting.

We rented In Her Shoes this weekend, and like Stinkerbell, I loved it. Even better, Mr. Rose liked it, too. The characters weren't simply one-dimensional women, and it had a lot more depth to it than I was expecting.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

JUST LIKE HEAVEN:Really cute romantic movie. I love Mark Ruffalo, he is such a cutie! Reese Witherspoon has really matured into a romantic lead actress, not just a cutsie-girl like the Legally Blonde movies. The movie is short about 90 minutes, so that means not a lot of time is wasted on scenes that don't drive the story. But it also means parts of the movie seemed to move really fast. I could totally see myself buying this once it hits the bargain bin at Walmart.

Saw II - underwhelming, but still better than most of what's out there. Was the male lead Mark Wahlberg's brother? (was he in some boy band or something, or am I totally off base?) I kept thinking it was like watching a less talented, chubbier, not-so-good-looking version of Mark Wahlberg.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread