+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

white chicks~

it's hilarious!!!
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

DOOM: I enjoyed watching this movie, if only for the smoldering eyes of Karl Urban ( ) It was a decent movie for a video game adaption. I was suitably entertained, it was never really scary but it was a fun movie to watch on a Saturday night! Not being a video gamer myself, I didn't quite understand my brother-in-law's disappointment about the way the movie looked, but he was very pleased by the last 20 minutes. The point is not a great movie, but we had fun watching it. (Had little flashbacks of Resident Evil while watching the movie, as well)

I've been looking up trailers at Apple Quicktime, and there are a lot of good looking movies coming out in the next few months. There's a new Bruce Willis one called 16 Blocks that looks promising. A creepy one called The Hills Have Eyes about a family breaking down in the desert where there just happens to be a pack of mutants ready to get them. A time travelling one called The Fountain caught my eye, and there's a new Superman coming.

Tex! I'm still waiting for it though. (I rent from BlockBusters's site)
    Strokes Concert: 3/21/06
    "What do you mean we walked around dressed like girls? We walked around in our own clothes, they just happened to be dresses." -Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

I've seen a few movies lately:

The Notebook: A very touching movie, but not the sob-fest I was expecting.
    Lord of War: Can anyone understand Nicolas Cage's speech? He slurs his words and it is very annoying. Jared Leto however is droolworthy.
    Elisabethtown: Interesting, weird, funny at times, long and boring other times. It feels like 4 movies wrapped into one: just when you think it's over, it starts again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Didn't rent this, but I guess you could (it was on one of the movie channels).

The Bad Seed (1956): it's an old black and white movie (I, dearly, adore old movies) that I hadn't seen in years. It's a story that you just don't forget. It's about an 8 year old murderess. That's all I have to say!

I don't know if there has ever been a remake, but I can't believe a remake being better than this original.

Check it out; you won't be disappointed!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Didn't rent this, but I guess you could (it was on one of the movie channels).

The Bad Seed (1956): it's an old black and white movie (I, dearly, adore old movies) that I hadn't seen in years. It's a story that you just don't forget. It's about an 8 year old murderess. That's all I have to say!

I don't know if there has ever been a remake, but I can't believe a remake being better than this original.

Check it out; you won't be disappointed!!
    Was The Good Son with MacCauley Caulkin a sort-of remake of this? I thought I remembered it being modeled after an older movie but I never saw The Bad Seed so I can't be sure.

I finally saw The Sound Of Music and I'm in my late 30's! Anyway, I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Was The Good Son with MacCauley Caulkin a sort-of remake of this? I thought I remembered it being modeled after an older movie but I never saw The Bad Seed so I can't be sure.
    Not really, as I recall The Good Son, but I guess sort of... if that makes sense. They both deal with really dangerous, creepy kids.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I finally saw The Sound Of Music and I'm in my late 30's! Anyway, I loved it!

This Catholic school girl has never seen it, probably because the nuns were so enchanted with it!! Couldn't escape having to learn the music from it, though.

+ Reply to Thread