+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 421 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

We watched Serving Sara last night. It wasn't terrible, but it's nowhere near my top 10. It was just "okay".

Watching Bourne Identity this afternoon. I'm more looking forward to that.

We rented The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys last weekend and I loved it. Jodie Foster, Kieran Culkin, and some other people...
    Really, really good.

Last night we watched Big Bad Love w/ Arliss Howard and Debra Winger. It was good, but perhaps a little strange for some people's tastes. It's more the type of film you see at film festivals - lots of symbolism and metaphors. I liked it.

Sher -

One Hour Photo was okay. I didn't love it by any means. It was unsettling.

Robin Williams was excellent though.

Hated the ending, but was nice to see Eriq LaSalle getting work.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Happenstance was interesting, all complex things linking together. I thought this movie was all about Audrey Tautou's movie, but it was more like about all the characters, how their lives are linked, whether they know it or not. Interesting.

I watched RINGU (Japanese version of "The Ring") and found it to be very good. Tried to rent the American version, but all of the copies were out at BB. Oh well...

Marc

I watched The Bourne Identity last night. It had all the makings of a great movie, but somewhere, it just fell flat. I'm not quite sure why, though. I think they just didn't engage us in the characters very well.

Girl, Interrupted and then I liked it so much I watched it 3 more times! Excellent cast and very deep, moving film.

ooh! i really enjoyed the dangerous lives of alter boys. jacked up movie. and clara, i'm the same way with girl, interrupted. i love that movie. "it has an eat in chicken."

i watched road to perdition and the ring. loved them both. i also watched we were soldiers, and really liked that as well.

next up will be man in the moon... the jim carrey movie. i always wanted to see it, but never have. now i will... before it's due back next sunday.

I didn't like Were Soldiers.

First off, I don't like Chris Klein and second Madeleine Stowe's lips were so pumped full of collagen I couldn't concentrate on anything else when she was on the screen.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Insomnia.

Decent movie, but took me forever to watch.

I still have Oceans Eleven on my Tivo...it's been there since Dec. 12, 2002 - that's how often I get around to watching movies.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I saw Insomnia at the theatre.
    Obviously I would not have made the trip had I know the heinous Maura Tierney was in the movie.

I thought it was a decent movie though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread