+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Blue dot means "offline".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

DRACULA III: THE LEGACY- Ok, I watched a movie years ago called DRACULA 2000 with Jonny Lee Miller and Natasha Gregson-Wagner. It had an awesome backstory and origin myth to the Dracula story which I found extremely fascinating. It also had an original story on the history on Van Helsing and how.why he has followed Dracula over the years. (yes, he is still alive in the movie, another interesting subplot) Suffice it to say I really enjoyed the story. So anyway, I have continued to watch the series that came from this original movie, but they have gotten progressively worse. Dracula II had Craig Sheffer as its "name" actor as well as Jason Scott Lee as the new Vampire Hunter and one of the London twins (Jeremy or Jason?). Story not as good, but enough to hold my interest. Dracula III had Jason Scott Lee and the London twin going after Dracula into Romania this time. Total bunk! I was very disappointed in the entire movie including the ending, but it was left open for a sequel. I hate to say it, but I will probably rent that one when it comes out too. I have a stubborn impulse to finish a series, no matter how bad they start to get!

Coming up soon: The 40-Year Old Virgin, Just Like Heaven and ???

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am probably really behind but I rented Lord of War this past weekend. It was good but sad. It really made me think. I also ressurected osme 2002 flop out of the older movies (one free rental on weekends) starring Val Kilmer. It was supposed to be suspenseful but it just ended up being VK with a mohawk (NICE) running around looking for meth, partying and having flashbacks of his wife? and life before the meth. And in between talking to the cops, getting the dealers busted. It was weird. I shut it off.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    We rented Layer Cake. My husband liked it- but since it was British- I couldn't understand a lick of it. He barely could, but got what was going on. I had no idea. Does anyone else have a problem understanding movies with British accents? It drives me nuts.
    Poor stinkerbell!! I have just the opposite problem with Sally, who IS British. She has no genes inside of her to understand any dialect south of the Mason-Dixon line!

When she first came here, I rented TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. The only person she barely understood was Gregory Peck. As far as the kids, which were Southern natives, they may as well have been speaking Martian! She's been here for close to 3 years now and it's not gotten any better. However, she's GREAT for being my translator for Billy Connely DVD's and anything else British.

Are you Southern? Maybe it's a 'thing' with Southern vs. British accents.

See ya'all later, Ol' Chap.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    The name of the bad Val Kilmer movie is The Salton Sea. I just read a complete synopsis of it and I can't believe I rented it. I was in too big of a hurry at the video store. It was like watching paint dry. Or maybe I have seen too many meth heads destroy themselves in real life. Who knows. But I think Val Kilmer did look tasty all tattooed with a mohawk.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room Rated R 2005

Based on the book this fast-paced documentary shows you the highs and lows of Enron. Corporate crime at it's finest hour.
    The Bush's, Arnold S., Banks, trading companies, accounting firms, lawyers and Ken Lay as the star, all in cahoots to fleece the pubic.

An accounting system that boggles the mind, and a high school student should be able to ask the most important question, which is also Enron's motto, Ken Lay gives himself away on tape, ASK WHY A..Hole
    Loved this movie....

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Poor stinkerbell!! I have just the opposite problem with Sally, who IS British. She has no genes inside of her to understand any dialect south of the Mason-Dixon line!

When she first came here, I rented TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. The only person she barely understood was Gregory Peck. As far as the kids, which were Southern natives, they may as well have been speaking Martian! She's been here for close to 3 years now and it's not gotten any better. However, she's GREAT for being my translator for Billy Connely DVD's and anything else British.

Are you Southern? Maybe it's a 'thing' with Southern vs. British accents.

See ya'all later, Ol' Chap.
    No. I'm not Southern. I don't know why I have such a problem though. I think next time I'll use the suggestion of using sub titles.

The 40-Year Old Virgin: I was surprised by how unfunny this was. With the cast and the story-line I expected to be laughing out loud throughout the 2 hours. I can't recall doing it once. I thought it was cute, but disappointing. It had such a big buildup but didn't meet my expectations.

This isn't new, and it's not the first time I've seen it, but I re-watched The Color Purple this afternoon, and oh my God, I'm a mess. I lost track of how many times I broke down.

hey Amanda

I just finished watching Red Eyehttp://imdb.com/title/tt0421239/ and also El Mar http://imdb.com/title/tt0220631/.

While I cannot recommend El Mar to the majority of FORT posters,I enjoyed its simplicity.

Red Eye was just an OK movie in my opinion,but I expected more from Cillian Murphy. I rather enjoyed the performance from Rachel McAdams...(I love when a woman kicks butt!)

I also recently watched Wal*Mart: The High Cost Of The Low Price http://imdb.com/title/tt0473107/and if you enjoy documentaries,this is one for you. I had no idea about all of the negative press that Wal*Mart has recieved in the past and I was surprised and shocked at what I saw in this movie. Even if you are a hardcore Wal*Mart fan,this one is worth a gander.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread