+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fan
    Okay, I have to admit this...We rented Wedding Crashers the other night and we were both wondering what the hoopla was about. We thought it was boring, we barely chuckled and it was too long. We were expecting so much more. Plus, Rachel McAdams basically played the same character as she did in The Notebook. That really bothered me.

FORT Newbie
    I am SO behind. Just signed up for Netflix and rented Meet the Fockers. But I love Netflix choices for documentaries and plan on renting Grizzly Man next.

Libby

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Exorcism of Emily Rose - not quite what I thought it would be, but not bad. Good drama with a few decent scary moments thrown in.

Transporter 2 - would have been much better without the fake, cheesy stunts. But I suffered through it just to watch Jason Statham.
    I just rented the exact same movies last weekend! I REALLY loved the Exorcism of Emily Rose. I was expecting a horror movie, but was very pleasantly surprised to find it was more a courtroom drama! I loved Tom Wilkerson in the role of the priest, I was really rooting for him throughout the trial. The young lady that played Emily Rose was excellent. The way she would contort her body was freaky!

I enjoyed Transporter 2, but I thought the car chases were waaaay too long! I love Jason Statham as well, so sexy! So, I completely agree with your assessment above!

The Upside of Anger (Kevin Costner/Joan Allen) - could have been better. I really enjoyed parts of it while at other times I thought it dragged. I really like Evan Rachel Wood and thought she held her own in this.

Dogtown and Z-boys - the documentary, not to be confused with Lords of Dogtown. I watched it with my boys (12 and 14) who are both into skateboarding. It's a documentary of the evolution of skateboarding from its roots as 'land surfing' in the 1960's up until around the mid '80's. I actually got it for the boys but kind of got sucked into it...........and enjoyed it!

My brother was into the whole skateboard thing waaaay back when, and I watched that same documentary (Dogtown and Z-boys) and it was like reliving that whole time when he did that. (and I recognized Tony Alva from my brother's old Skateboard magazines that I would sneak and look at.) I remember my brother getting some big expensive fiberglass skateboard, and letting me, his little baby sister, stand on it once in a while. Of course I was too terrified to MOVE or anything. ANYWAY, it's a fantastic documentary, and I highly suggest it to anyone (watch it instead of that "lords of dogtown" movie..it pales in comparison.)

Sorry for rambling, and my trip down memory lane.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

THE FOG: I have never seen the original, so I wasn't sure what to expect for this "horror" movie. I saw the name John Carpenter and expected great things. Was extremely disappointed. Not scary at all and the "end twist" was obvious about 30 minutes into the movie.

I have 40-Year Old Virgin, High Tension and Red Eye coming

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    This is a wonderful thread! I haven't rented a DVD in several years, but I am getting some great direction!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I finally saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin" on pay-per-view and found it hilarious. Nothing killed me as much as the waxing scene. I loved the cast, especially Paul Rudd, who I've always had a little crush on.

It's very raunchy, but wow what a way to take your mind off everything. Steve Carell is really a good comedic actor.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    I finally saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin" on pay-per-view and found it hilarious. Nothing killed me as much as the waxing scene. I loved the cast, especially Paul Rudd, who I've always had a little crush on.
    I was crushing big-time on Paul Rudd after I saw that movie, and racking my brains trying to figure out where I'd seen him before, so I googled him...Phoebe's boyfriend/husband from Friends! He is a cutie - I don't normally like short men but I could definitely make an exception for him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have been watching the first season of LOST. I am addicted. At night I
    (im)patiently wait for my son to go to bed so I squeeze in a couple of episodes.

+ Reply to Thread