+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Her name was Tara Correa-McMullen. Here is some of the info from www.imdb.com: She was shot several times and died while standing outside an apartment complex in Inglewood on October 21, 2005. Two other people were wounded and the shooting is believed to be gang-related. She is buried at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park, Hollywood Hills, California.
    Parents are Devra Correa and Thomas McMullen.
    She was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
    She sang in the Venice High School choir and danced in several dance troupes as a child.
    Buried at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills, California. 6300 Forest Lawn Drive. Address is listed as Los Angeles however it borders Glendale and Griffith Park.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Has anyone seen 'Mad Hot Ballroom'? My 6th grade son and I just watched it and loved it! It touched me so much, I was in tears several times!

I worked in a school for a couple of years and know first hand how much the principal and the teachers want the students to succeed (for the most part, I know there are exceptions).

I thought it was an excellent family movie. I plan on puchasing a copy to give to my son's school so all the teachers can enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by vondl0 View Post
    Has anyone seen 'Mad Hot Ballroom'? My 6th grade son and I just watched it and loved it! It touched me so much, I was in tears several times!

I worked in a school for a couple of years and know first hand how much the principal and the teachers want the students to succeed (for the most part, I know there are exceptions).

I thought it was an excellent family movie. I plan on puchasing a copy to give to my son's school so all the teachers can enjoy it.
    I saw it and gave it my major thumbs up several pages back. It was marvelous.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Her name was Tara Correa-McMullen. Here is some of the info from www.imdb.com: She was shot several times and died while standing outside an apartment complex in Inglewood on October 21, 2005. Two other people were wounded and the shooting is believed to be gang-related. She is buried at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park, Hollywood Hills, California.
    Parents are Devra Correa and Thomas McMullen.
    She was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery.
    She sang in the Venice High School choir and danced in several dance troupes as a child.
    Buried at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills, California. 6300 Forest Lawn Drive. Address is listed as Los Angeles however it borders Glendale and Griffith Park.
    What character did she play in the movie?

The name of the character was Big Mac. She was, as someone pointed out earlier, the only girl on the team. What a tragedy. Such a waste for someone to die so tragically, so young.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    The name of the character was Big Mac. She was, as someone pointed out earlier, the only girl on the team. What a tragedy. Such a waste for someone to die so tragically, so young.
    Sorry- I completey missed that post!

The 40 Year Old Virgin: hilarious. I was surprised at how much heart it had in the core of the story, behind all the crude sex jokes. Steve Carell, who I already love for his work on The Office, was so good as Andy.

I'm so behind! A friend once told me that when you have kids, you don't watch many movies. I had no idea how right she was.

I finally watched The Alamo. It was great depiction of Texas history. I loved Billy Bob Thornton in this movie. The part of Davy Crockett was perfect for him. Dennis Quaid was excellent as an arrogant Sam Houston.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by vondl0 View Post

I've wanted to see this movie for the longest time, but Mr. Rose has kind of bucked me on it. Thanks for the great recommendation, now I'm going for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I'm so behind! A friend once told me that when you have kids, you don't watch many movies. I had no idea how right she was.
    My daughter is away at college now, but I remember my husband and I walking around the video store many years after she was born, and almost every video we saw was new to us.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Exorcism of Emily Rose - not quite what I thought it would be, but not bad. Good drama with a few decent scary moments thrown in.

Transporter 2 - would have been much better without the fake, cheesy stunts. But I suffered through it just to watch Jason Statham.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread