+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

DR, I liked Four Brothers too. It was a total bullet-fest, which is normally not my thing, but I realized I love Mark Wahlberg in just about anything.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I finally got to see Office Space. Man, that movie was hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    DR, I liked Four Brothers too. It was a total bullet-fest, which is normally not my thing, but I realized I love Mark Wahlberg in just about anything.
    My problem with this movie was the trailer. I believe trailers should tease the audience and not reveal too much and they should be short. The trailer for this movie was way too long and showed me so much why should I even go see the movie or rent it. I already know the story.

The Bank: Enjoyable caper movie involving corporate misdeeds, starring Anthony LaPaglia and David Wenham (Faramir in LOTR). Fairly predictable ending, but a good watch anyway.

The Brothers Grimm: I had hoped for better. This was all special effects and blood and gore with little story and worse characters. A waste of time IMO.

The Island: Again, I was hoping for better. It had a good premise and some real promise, but it got bogged down by endless chases. Pretty good performances by Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johansson. Better performances by the always good Steve Buscemi and Sean Bean (LOTR's Eomer).

I Am Sam! This has to be one of the most sadest movies in the history of movies!
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

I saw The Island and 40 year old virgin lately. The island was good, not excellent. Somethings were a little over the top, but the concept was great.

The same thing can be said about 40 year old virgin. The concept was good, some parts were heartwarming and funny, but others were over the top and the swearing and sex-talk was way too much. Also the movie was too long by about 45 minutes.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (Interesting but not as scary as I thought it was going to be)
    Dark Water (Very good. Great psychological thriller. Messes with your head a little bit)
    Napoleon Dynamite (It was cute. No plot but a lot of funny lines)
    Next movie I'm renting will be The Fog when it comes out.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

REBOUND: I really liked this movie, it was a cute kids/adult needs to find himself formula. It was a great length about 80 minutes and didn't waste time. A few cute jokes, fun games and Martin Lawrence. Only downside was that the young girl in the movie was killed a couple of months ago in a drive by shooting, so everytime she was on screen I would think about that.

POPSTAR: A cute Aaron Carter film. He plays a popstar who has to go to school because his mom says he is too hung up on himself. He begins by making friends with the smartest girl in school to help him study and eventually realizes what a jerk he has been when he falls for her. Cute, but nothing more than that.

FOUR BROTHERS: I loved this movie, I got it for my dad and we watched it together. The movie is 2 hours, but it flies by so quickly, I didn't realize how much time had passed. The story really kept you guessing to each of the characters motives and there was a lot of misdirection. If you enjoy action and drama mix-MUCH, MUCH better than Mr and Mrs Smith.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    REBOUND: I really liked this movie, it was a cute kids/adult needs to find himself formula. It was a great length about 80 minutes and didn't waste time. A few cute jokes, fun games and Martin Lawrence. Only downside was that the young girl in the movie was killed a couple of months ago in a drive by shooting, so everytime she was on screen I would think about that.

I loved REBOUND! What young girl are you talking about that was killed? I'm trying to remember the characters. That is really sad though

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I loved REBOUND! What young girl are you talking about that was killed? I'm trying to remember the characters. That is really sad though
    The only girl who was on the team. She was the bully who was tutored by the goofy center and they started dating. 16 years old.

+ Reply to Thread