+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Huh. Well, I guess a person's reaction could be based on their age to the actors or if they've ever loved anyone that deeply. It happens to be my girlfriend's favorite film.

That is my 12 year olds favorite movie also. We both sat there crying. (I always cry in movies!- I must have passed that embarrassing trait on to her) So I can't wait to read the book

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    I liked it (The three actresses had good comedic chemistry as sisters) but it seemed like they completed the movie, found they only had an hour or so of movie and then filmed some filler scenes. Like the Stockard Channing and that internet "boyfriend" thing. And Diane Lane's ads for different sites. I like the romantic chemistry between Cusack and Lane...they just needed to have been given better lines to say to each other.
    Re: Must Love Dogs

I just got done watching this movie and, while I didn't think it was the worst thing in the world, I was bothered by the fact that I thought John Cusack and Diane Lane had ZERO chemistry together. I completely agree that the three sisters were terrific together... Stockard Channing was very sweet (the 15yr old coming to visit her was a little stilted and unnecessary, I thought) and Dermot Mulroney was hot hot hot, albeit a complete pig.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Just watched:
    Mr and Mrs Smith: OMG! This was one of the most BORING action films I have ever seen. My sister, my brother-in-law and I watched it two nights ago and it was complete junk! There was no excitement or thrills in the movie whatsoever. I couldn't believe that a movie that long did absolutely nothing! My brother-in-law was disappointed because he expected to see a better sex scene! My sister and I just sat there and couldn't believe that we were wasting our time. Absolutely nothing to recommend it! The whole five minutes of Vince Vaughn are so spread out he couldn't save the movie.

Must Love Dogs: My sister and I both thought it was cute. Although it seemed a little forced at times, the ending was really good. I loved the talks with her family and the embarrassment her family put her through. As the only single girl left in my family I recognized ALOT of those discussions! I agree with the above statements about there not being a lot of chemistry between Diane Lane and John Cusack, but I still liked it. I think he is an extreme cutie, but will always be Lloyd Dobler to me

Into the Blue: Not too bad. Actually a pretty good adventure tale ruined by poor acting or overacting. Not too much to say about it, but take your time renting it! (I'd put it towards the end of my rental que if I had to do over)

The Ring 2: AWFUL, I started reading a book with the movie in the background. The movie was over two hours long and it did not flow well at all. The scenes were very disjointed and the few interesting scenes were cut way too short. The really dropped the ball with the backstory of Samara and it wasn't anywhere near as tense as the first movie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Hey, Darken, I loved the movie, but did not cry either- however, the BOOK will make even the most hardened heart cry!(me included!)
    The book was amazing, and emotional (rather reminded me of Bridges of Madison County). I was wondering if I should rent the movie. All of the men that I know loved the movie.....even the most macho! Sounds like I won't be disappointed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shark Tales - I take the holiday break as a serious time to catch up on all the movies I have missed during the yr. I must say I was dissappointed. The art work was excellent but the story stunk and Will Smith was so himself that I wanted the shark to eat him. I didn't care about the characters or the story. This is a complete waste of time and money. The only reason to watch this is if you are into animation and want to study the backgrounds and character movement.

Madagascar -Everything Shark Tales was not. An interesting concept and story and characters. The personally of the actor does not overwhelm the character or story it enhances it. (Unlike Shark Tales) I liked it and would not mind a sequel if that would not ruin it.

Princess Mononoke - A+ This is what a movie should be. A moving story. Subplots within subplots. Characters you care about. At times you like and hate most of them, or at least respect them or understand their point of view. What is marvelous about the story is that there are so many shades of grey. There is a reason why each person is there and why they are doing what they are doing. The pacing/editing is great. I have been watching alot of anime this holiday and sometimes the Japanese pacing of a story does not translate to the Western culture well. Studio Ghibli did an execellent job with the animation and story and deserves a standing ovation. This is one of the few movies I would watch again.

Thankfully this is the order I watched these 3 movies so I was very fortunate to go from stinky to great.

FORT Fan
    We rented Animal Last night. Quite a neat movie. I hadn't heard of it until my husband brought it home from Blockbuster last night. Anyway, it's about a man who goes to prison, and while he is there, his son is following in his footsteps. He finally gets out and since he has changed, he tries to get his son to as well. Very good movie and highly recommended.

I finally watched Bride and Prejudice and absolutely loved it! I had such fun with the singing and dancing, and the bright colored wardrobes.

And I was mesmerized by Lalita's (Aishwarya Rai) eyes... she is absolutely gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I finally watched Bride and Prejudice and absolutely loved it! I had such fun with the singing and dancing, and the bright colored wardrobes.

And I was mesmerized by Lalita's (Aishwarya Rai) eyes... she is absolutely gorgeous!!
    I really like the opening men's dance during the wedding party and loved the ending. Life is great, let's celebrate.

I watched the March of the Penguins last night. Very beautiful scenery. Unfortunately I didn't noticed there were 2 dvds in the box (where was my head?) so we ended up watching it in French with English subtitles. Not quite the same effect as Morgan Freeman's soothing voice. In French, they make the penguins talk. It is narrated by a guy and a girl. My husband who's not as fluent in French as I am wanted to kill me this morning when he saw there was another dvd in the box. Oops.

Ok, I'm double posting.

I saw 4 brothers last night. Entertaining movie. I love the chemistry between the brothers. Marky Mark and Terrence Howard and Tyrese are drool worthy.

+ Reply to Thread