+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

SENSE AND SENSIBILITY by Ang Lee.

I adored the movie so much that I watched it twice and then watched it again, listening to Emma Thompson, who wrote the screen play for it and starred in it. The Ang Lee commentary is *crap*!

I've been struggling and struggling reading the book for the past month, and even Emma said that "Jane could draw a common sentence on for 4 or 5 (sentences)", so I was hoping that watching the film could make the book more enjoyable.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I just watched The Notebook...My friends kept telling me it is so sad...so sad...you will cry. I did not shed one tear hahah. It was good nonetheless, just not like heartbreaking.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7 View Post
    I just watched The Notebook...My friends kept telling me it is so sad...so sad...you will cry. I did not shed one tear hahah. It was good nonetheless, just not like heartbreaking.
    Huh. Well, I guess a person's reaction could be based on their age to the actors or if they've ever loved anyone that deeply. It happens to be my girlfriend's favorite film.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Hehe... I guess, I am 17. I only shed tears for like tragic deaths or really realll realllllllly heartbreaking moments.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Hey, Darken, I loved the movie, but did not cry either- however, the BOOK will make even the most hardened heart cry!(me included!)
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Hey, Darken, I loved the movie, but did not cry either- however, the BOOK will make even the most hardened heart cry!(me included!)
    There's no way I could ever read the book, then...I cried my eyes out watching the movie!

I watched The Brothers Grimm last night...not what I thought it would be. I don't think I understood a single thing the French guy said! The only thing that kept me remotely interested was Heath Ledger.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Our yearly movie rental fest included:

November: Not bad, not what I was expecting at all. I rented it primarily because I like Courtney Cox and James Legros.

The Station Agent: I just loved this movie. I spent a few days following it's viewing wishing Joe sold hot dogs next door to my house.

Le Revenants: Truly unique take on the zombie genre. Man, I love the French sensibility (and food, and art, and ...)

Coffee and Cigarettes: Funny (and a little odd) movie. Best sequence was with Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan.

Team America: Mr. Rattus' choice, but I enjoyed it anyway. Quite funny, and I particularly enjoyed the extras showing how they built and worked the puppets.

While we were in the video store, I bought Sin City and The 40-Year Old Virgin. SC for Mr. Rattus, the Virgin for me. The Virgin is now battling for position as my favourite romantic comedy with Groundhog Day. Apparently I don't like romantic comedies unless there is absolutely no sappy greeting-card quality romanticism about them at all.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    There's no way I could ever read the book, then...I cried my eyes out watching the movie!

I watched The Brothers Grimm last night...not what I thought it would be. I don't think I understood a single thing the French guy said! The only thing that kept me remotely interested was Heath Ledger.
    waywyrd: Wasn't The Brother's Grimm just one of the WORST films of 2005?! I had looked so forward to this film, based on the book and also the previews, but 20 minutes into it, I was ready to bolt from the theatre! Fortunately, we have a $2.00 cinema in our neighborhood that plays all the big films, so I only lost a couple of bucks on this piece of crap. But I made up for it by warning every single friend I had to avoid it at ALL costs!

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    waywyrd: Wasn't The Brother's Grimm just one of the WORST films of 2005?!
    If it wasn't the worst, it's definitely top five material. I was really looking forward to it also, I like that kind of stuff. But what a stinker....and what's worse, they left it open for a sequel!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    If it wasn't the worst, it's definitely top five material. I was really looking forward to it also, I like that kind of stuff. But what a stinker....and what's worse, they left it open for a sequel!
    Oh, you're TOO funny, waywyrd!

+ Reply to Thread