+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Gas, Food Lodging. I hadn't seen that in forever.

I rented Bride and Prejudice. The Indian remake of Pride and Prejudice. It was different, it's a musical. I loved the color of this movie, everything is so colorful. The guy who played Darcy, well, I just couldn't totally get into him but loved the daughters, I thought they were great. Loved the male cousin. It was pretty good movie, glad I rented it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Mr. & Mrs. Smith: Pretty blah for me. A cross between Prizzi's Honor and War of the Roses and didn't come close to either.

Sky High: A fun view with some pretty good tongue-in-cheek performances. It was fun to see Dave Foley outside of Celebrity Poker.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Mr. & Mrs. Smith: Pretty blah for me. A cross between Prizzi's Honor and War of the Roses and didn't come close to either.

Sky High: A fun view with some pretty good tongue-in-cheek performances. It was fun to see Dave Foley outside of Celebrity Poker.

I was very surprised at Sky High. The scenes at the movie made it seem so blah to me that I didnt think I would like it. I put off taking my kids until I knew I had to- and really liked it! The previews just don't do it justice.
    Finally saw Crash tonight and loved it. I very seldom buy movies, but this one I probably will.

11:14 - really good movie. One of those that has many situations going on at once.

High Tension - a little wierd - very different.

Skeleton Key - left me wanting more. Very good suspense movie and Kate Hudson does a good job in the role. The actor playing the lawyer has a younger Keifer Sutherland look to him, very handsome.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - a total dud. Maybe if I read the books I would have liked it better. But I found the whole thing boring and hard to follow.

Christmas with the Cranks - uggh. Nobody goes through that much trouble for their grown kid. Well I wouldn't and I love my son dearly but this was way over the top.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - fun but a bit too much at times. I have to admit there was some pretty good chemistry between Pitt and Jolie. I found it ironic that Vince Vaughn who is in the movie, is now with Jennifer Aniston. I wonder if he spilled any details to her about whatever he may have witnessed on the set.

War of the Worlds - Tom has been demoted in my eyes lately but the movie was good in spite of him, especially since I'm a Dakota Fanning fan. The son character got on my nerves, he was a real jerk. I would have liked the movie to explore the aliens themselves a little more but maybe the original didn't either. I tried to watch the original once on late, late tv but fell asleep before it was over. I agree with the poster above, that particular sequence went on wayyyy too long.

Polar Express - I wasn't too keen on Tom Hanks doing all the grown up voices, or at least they all sounded like him. I also was tired when I watched it so I fell asleep here and there and thought overall it was a boring movie. It had it's cute moments but not a keeper for me. If there had been more variety with the voices then maybe...and the nerdy kids voice really grated on my nerves.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 12-14-2005 at 08:45 AM.

March of the Penguins: Incredible!

Ladies in Lavender: Good but not great. I love Judi Dench and Maggie Smith. Both gave their customary excellent performances, but the story, while not bad, wasn't outstanding.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Borstal Boy - 2000 - Sean Hatosy, Danny Dyer - Brendan Behan, a sixteen year-old republican, is going on a bombing mission from Ireland to Liverpool during the second world war. His mission is thwarted when he is apprehended, charged and imprisoned in Borstal, a reform institution for young offenders in East Anglia, England. At Borstal, Brendan is forced to live face-to-face with those he perceived as "the enemy," a confrontation that reveals a deep inner conflict in the young Brendan and forces a self-examination that is both traumatic and revealing. Events take an unexpected turn and Brendan is thrown into a complete spin. In the emotional vortex, he finally faces up to the truth. Even though I saw it coming a mile away, I still got all choked up over the aformentioned turn of events.

Soldier's Girl - 2003- Lee Pace, Troy Garity, Sean Hatosy - The true story of a young soldier beaten to death for falling in love with a transgendered nightclub performer. Lee Pace gives an amazing performance.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 12-16-2005 at 08:14 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Kao
    Watched the Island last night, and the movie was VERY underrated and should have gotten more than what it did because it was a great film. What I actually found out what the Island was it completely screwed with my head.

FORT Fan
    We rented Rebound last night with Martin Lawrence. I don't even know if that movie was even in theaters, but it's a great movie for kids. Even though it was predictable (superstar coach takes on misfit Jr. High basketball team and tries to turn them into winners) I loved it and laughed a lot during it. Great movie for kids!

+ Reply to Thread