+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I think thats the name of the new one, right? It was pretty good I thought. I anjoyed how it went much more into the world of Willy Wonka. I loved the Charlie (loved him in finding neverland too). I am not to sure about that umpa lumpa (sp?) a little strange. I liked it though and would watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Tom Cruise plays, well, Tom Cruise...in samurai armor with a sword. Zwick manages to rein the (over-)actor in a bit. But only just.
    Isn't that the truth! I saw War of the Worlds yesterday and I was surprised. But Tom always plays Tom. That shows how limited his range is. Dakota Fanning on the other hand is a great little actress. Can't wait to see what she'll become in a few years. All in all, an entertaining movie.

FORT Fogey
    I rented (and attempted to watch) a record ten movies over the past week.

It's a record, 'cause I watch fewer movies than anyone else I know.

When I have more time, I'll post all about 'em, 'cause I saw some good ones, along with a couple of real stinkahs.

Modigliani Very moving story of the feud between Modigliani and Picasso and their relationships with the other artists/intelligentsia of the time in Paris. Some execellent performances.

War of the Worlds Not bad, really. I could think of several other actors who would have been more compelling than Tom Cruise. I was never a big fan of his talent since long before the current strangeness. Dakota Fanning and Tim Robbins, as always, gave very good performances. I was pleasantly surprised to see Gene Barry and Ann Robinson (the stars of the original movie) with cameo parts at the end.

This past weekend I watched Unleashed and Layer Cake.
    Layer Cake-very typical British gangster-a lot of quick and jumbled scenes-type flick with Daniel Craig (new James Bond) LOVED IT! Total Surprise Ending.
    Unelashed was surprisingly good. Jet Li raised as an attack dog by Bob Hoskins and saved by Morgan Freeman. The pacing was really good-a few tears throughout the film.

I know it's an older one but we watched Sweet November last night, or half of it anyway. We couldn't even get throught the whole movie. It was hard to find the whole plot believable and Keanu's monotone voice was driving me nuts!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I just rented Amityville Horror, and it was OK, but not as scary as the book or the original movie. (and Dago, I can't get past "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" when it comes to Keanu!)
    Go Tigers!

FORT Regular
    I just rented Crash... it was depressing, but really well done!

I just rented Polar Express and War of The Worlds on Sunday. I loved them both. In fact, I just went out and bought Polar Express. There was only one scene in WOTW that I thought dragged on forever. For those who haven't seen it, I will spoil:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when they are hiding in Tim Robbin's basement and they're trying to stay hidden from the aliens.
    I looked at my husband and said "Is it me or is this scene taking forever???" He said it was because it was like stealth mode.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I know it's an older one but we watched Sweet November last night, or half of it anyway. We couldn't even get throught the whole movie. It was hard to find the whole plot believable and Keanu's monotone voice was driving me nuts!
    Ok, we just watched the end of this and it wasn't that bad! I started out reading threads and half watching the movie but found myself watching more and reading less! I even got a little teary but I think it's just the sappy mood I'm in tonight.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread