+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I rented Amityville Horror as well
    It was funny we werent even paying attention to the movie, and only stopped to watch the film when the creepy parts came .... good times

We rented War of the Worlds last night. I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I was at the edge of my seat for most of the movie. Great special effects, scary-looking aliens and can you believe it, I was actually able to put aside all my issues with Tom Cruise for 1 hour and 50 minutes. By the end, I was actually rooting for him. Very confusing.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    House of Wax - Typical cheesy horror flick with the benefit of seeing Paris get killed.

Seeing Paris killed ( and replaying it 30x ) made it worth the cost of movie rental. I even enjoyed the symbolic method ( did that make sense? I was trying not to spoil it! Hopefully if you've seen the movie it will )

If you hate Paris Hilton...rent this movie.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I had to rent SuperSize Me for a paper for school. It isn't too bad, actually. Certainly makes you want to keep driving right past McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    We rented War of the Worlds last night. I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised. I was at the edge of my seat for most of the movie. Great special effects, scary-looking aliens and can you believe it, I was actually able to put aside all my issues with Tom Cruise for 1 hour and 50 minutes. By the end, I was actually rooting for him. Very confusing.
    We watched this one tonight and I feel the same way. I really was not looking forward to it because of his recent contraction of stupidity. However, the movie was good enough that it didn't matter. I was rooting for him also. Oh, and I have to add...Dakota Fanning is the cutest thing!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

AJ/Brooke/Megg/Mel/Mich Acidian's Avatar
    The Nightmare before chritmas around 2 weeks ago. Me and my buddies stayed in for an "after halloween night" and staying watching it. It's really cool although there is a bit too much singing and it's oldish.

I watched Christmas With The Kranks last night, it was ok. I read the book so I knew what to expect.

I also watched Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants this week and I loved that one. I'm a girl and it was a girl movie so that's probably why i liked it so much.

I went to see In Her Shoes a few weeks ago and loved it, again it was a chick flick. My Husband would not have liked it at all.

We watched House of Wax- stupid, stupid movie. Paris Hilton proves to the world she cannot act.
    Also finally saw The Notebook. Just from the previews and such, I, and everyone else, pretty much had it figured out, but I loved it. My daughter and I bawled through the whole thing. I was very glad I didn't see it at the theater! (not that hubby would have wanted to go anyway...) I was looking for a thread about it, but couldn't find one- did it not get talked about? I had a few questions.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I rented Office space this weekrnd and LOVED it! Thanks for suggesting it.

Also rented:

Wicked- ok, but I realized I've seen it before.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003- ok but they drew out the "girl realizes killer is in house....girl runs UPstairs into only bedroom with no windows and hides in closet" bit a little much for me.

Posers- I shut it off after about 30 min of snoring.

Ghosts of Eldndale? - Haven't watched this one yet.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I watched half of Stealth last night. It could have been good, but the dialogue really sucked. After a while I just stopped watching. Once in a while I would ask my husband if it got any better. Apparently, it never did.

+ Reply to Thread