+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

The winner takes it all ANTManonimus's Avatar
    For all the horror movie lovers out there
    Rent "The Amityville Horror"
    Very scary and knowing that something like that actually took place makes it even better!
    Girls could wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, cause it's ok to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because YOU think that being a girl is degrading, but secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you, what it feels like for a girl.

Just rented Anchorman and I Huckabees because my friends talked them up so much...

I need new friends.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I just watched Hellraiser: Deader (I believe I've seen all but 1 now) and it was okay. Senibites weren't in it as much and there really wasn't any gore until the end but it was good. Good jump scenes. I also rented Crash which I will watch tomorrow. Although I don't like Sandra Bullock, I was told she's not in it much.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Graveyard of the Fireflies, the saddest movie I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by umass
    Graveyard of the Fireflies, the saddest movie I have ever seen.

is that american umass?? I've never heard of it.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

We saw Crash this weekend. I thought it was a great movie, one that warrants a deeper discussion than I can provide at the moment (I'm just too pooped right now to get all deep). Anyway, fantastic cast, amazing performances, thought-provoking subject matter. I wish Hollywood would make a few more films like this.

We also saw an AWESOME movie that I believe won the Grand Prix at Cannes, the Korean film Oldboy. It is billed as a revenge flick, which it certainly is in spades, but I also find it akin to riddle films like Memento or The Machinist, in that much of the film is spent with a disoriented protagonist struggling to find out why he is in his hopeless predicament. In this case, the main character is abducted by a mysterious stranger and held imprisoned in a strange hotel room for 15 years. He is then suddenly released, with no explanation, in a fancy suit, with moolah and a fancy phone in his pocket. He doesn't know what in tarnation is going on, but he damn well wants to find out and get the son of a B who put him there. Hollywood's remaking this one, watch it before they get it all wrong.

Speaking of which, we also saw The Ring Two. It sucked. And I actually liked the first remake of The Ring that Gore Verbinski did, and was intrigued to see how the original director of Ringu would expand on the story set forth first film. The problem is he didn't expand on it. Just a pointless, un-scary retread. And the killer deers? I have seen better CGI on a Sega Genesis. Watch the extras though, there is short film called Rings they made to bridge the two features which I found a much more intriguing concept than the one they used for the sequel.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I watched Crash last week. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I was very intrigued the way they portrayed different forms of racism and how it affected the different lives in the movie and how each of the lives were connected in some way. Very interesting. And you're right snowflake, it does warrant a deeper discussion.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Rented 'Hide and Seek' and boy was it a weird movie. I love Dakota Fanning and she did superb in it! She is such a versitile actress. Overall I thought it was worth the rental and had me jumping off the sofa a couple of times.

FORT Fogey
    I haven't rented a movie in such a long time. I think the last movie I watched was The Ring Two...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Embarassingly enough, the last movie I rented was "The Pacifier". I rented it because the screenplay was written by 2 guys from Reno 911!, which I absolutely love. Maybe it was Vin Diesel...I donno...it could have been funny (possibly) but every joke was just so forced. I'm gonna have to quit renting videos, I think.

+ Reply to Thread