+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Secret Window with Johnny Depp. I really liked it. Just rented Darkness Falls but haven't watched it yet. I also saw the Nightmare Before Christmas. It was very cute. Also going to watch Phantom of the Opera. I've been wanting to see that for a while.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    Also going to watch Phantom of the Opera.
    I accidentally bought this movie... not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    Hated Kung Fu Hussle Loved Sin City Good luck!
    My husband watched Sin City the other night (I only watched the last 45 minutes, so I didn't really get into it) Anyway, he had a hard time understanding it: he couldn't figure out if it was 3 different stories, or if they characters were suppose to be the same person, and there was one point he wondered what had happened to one of the guys. I told him to rewatch it. He liked it, he just had a hard time figuring it out.

The last two times I've been to Blockbuster, it's all been rented out. It looks like a cool movie, though(Sin City) Sorry to hear that about Phantom of the Opera. I'll have to see if I think the same about it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    My husband watched Sin City the other night (I only watched the last 45 minutes, so I didn't really get into it) Anyway, he had a hard time understanding it: he couldn't figure out if it was 3 different stories, or if they characters were suppose to be the same person, and there was one point he wondered what had happened to one of the guys. I told him to rewatch it. He liked it, he just had a hard time figuring it out.
    3 different stories, they just happen to have links to each other.
    For example, 2 stories have scenes in the same bar, and you can see the other story going on in the background and one point. I can see how it can be confusing tho. I had to watch Pulp fiction several times before I could figure out what was going on and when

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    3 different stories, they just happen to have links to each other.
    For example, 2 stories have scenes in the same bar, and you can see the other story going on in the background and one point. I can see how it can be confusing tho. I had to watch Pulp fiction several times before I could figure out what was going on and when
    Thanks, I'll let him know. I've heard that one should watch Pulp Fiction a few times to pick up on all of the things they missed the first time around.

Sin City - Incredible if you ask me. I mean, sure it's gory, but that shouldn't undermine from it's artistry and intriguing storyline.

Beauty Shop - Meh, sorta boring. Too many overdone racial jokes, some of them seemed a tad bit offensive too.

Guess Who - This is the movie with Ashton Kutcher and Bernie Mac. It was such a slow movie, the storlyline took ages to progress through! Not many funny moments either, but it had it's ups.

Wedding Date - The storyline was so cliched haha but it was cute. This chick flick was enjoyable, but not a memorable one.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

This weekend, we rented Bride & Prejudice, and it was the perfect combo of Bollywood flamboyance and good old-fashioned rom-com. Very fun, sweet and feel-good rendition of Jane Austen's classic. Aishwarya Rai is probably one of the most stunningly beautiful women I have ever seen, and I didn't realize how cute Martin Henderson can be when he's not getting attcked by girls that crawl out of televisions. It was also fun to see Naveen Andrews (Said from "Lost") singing and dancing instead of being held captive by crazy French women. I highly recommend if you're looking for a good romantic comedy--and trust me, I'm not actually a fan of rom-coms, and I loved this one.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Last really good movie I rented was The Upside of Anger. Liked it a lot. Kevin Costner was well cast and he had good chemistry with Joan Allen (a surprise). The daughters were all cute. I'd recommend it to all - male and female. Thought it would be a chick flick, but it really wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Last really good movie I rented was The Upside of Anger. Liked it a lot. Kevin Costner was well cast and he had good chemistry with Joan Allen (a surprise). The daughters were all cute. I'd recommend it to all - male and female. Thought it would be a chick flick, but it really wasn't.

Ohh That one was GOOD! and the ending? I am a movie person and saw it coming but I still enjoyed it. (my husband says you always know how all these movies are going to turn out! Write one and make us so money! LMAO)
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

+ Reply to Thread