+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by deb1430
    Has anyone rented the movie Alexander? I want to rent it but I need to know if the movie is even worth renting.
    OMG deb, I'm not sure, maybe you'll enjoy it, but honestly, we just rented that the other night and it failed to engage any of us. I just was completely uninterested after the first 20 minutes and started talking to a friend, and the rest of the people at my place were ASLEEP ON THE COUCH for the last 40 minutes. I basically rented it to catch a glimpse of Angelina Jolie, whom I love, and whenever she wasn't onscreen, I just didn't care. And who's boneheaded idea was it to cast her has Colin Farrell's mom?

If you liked The Ring or The Grudge or movies in that ilk, I would highly recommend the Korean movie Phone. It was a really excellent horror/thriller, with amazing performances, some great scares, and--wow--an actual storyline! This one kept us enthralled--and guessing--until the very end. Watch it before Hollywood remakes it (which has been the word on the street).

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Rented electra..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    We rented Ocean's 12 this weekend & everyone thought it was a waste of film and $4.85.

We rented the American version of The Grudge last night. Having just barely survived the terrifying original, I expected to be scared senseless. That didn't happen. While the atmosphere was genuinely spooky (I applaud the fact that they've used the original director, and that the house at least appears to be the very same), it lacked the completely unpredictabilty of the Japanese original - the very same unpredictability that had me wimpering on the couch, too scared to open my eyes. The story is more linear and the horror sequences a bit more over the top. Still, a good(ish) scary movie. I'm probably biased from having seen the original.

Oh, and as a die-hard Twin Peaks fan, I can't tell you how thrilled I was to see Grace Zabrieskie (Laura Palmer's mom) in the role of the old woman. She's an amazing actress and should get more work. Just looking at her scares me, though. I keep thinking "I'm in the Black Lodge with Windom Earle"
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Watched Muriels Wedding, love this film. It was hilarious and also very sad.
    Toni Collette was fantastic as well as Rachel Griffins. ..a great film about friendships.

Got a 2-fer Tuesday night. The Jacket, and Closer... both LOVED the use of Damien Rice music in Closer....

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    Got a 2-fer Tuesday night. The Jacket, and Closer... both LOVED the use of Damien Rice music in Closer....
    I loved The Jacket, but I hated Closer. Found it quite boring. Last weekend we rented Kung Fu Hussle- hilarious. I think we will be watching Sin City tonight. I've heard mixed reviews on that one.

Hated Kung Fu Hussle Loved Sin City Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by deb1430
    Has anyone rented the movie Alexander? I want to rent it but I need to know if the movie is even worth renting.
    many critics had alexander as the worst movie of all last year. i never bothered with it. most likely just a big waste of time.

i rented "Guess Who" tonight. very funny. i loved it. also the ring 2. it was watchable, but not great.

Alexander was ok, there was a somewhat large section near the end that they could have totally cut out, made it a bit longish. Guess who is SO funny! Loved it! Wedding Date was one of the very best romantic comedies ever. Party Girl was ok, very eighties, interesting but not one of my favorites.
    Just got:
    Sophies Choice- heard so much about it!
    From the Hip-Heard tons about it but never saw it.
    A DVD of old Twilight Zone episodes- Loved that show!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

+ Reply to Thread