+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I rented Amelie last night - loved it! The humour and story were great and the narration had me howling! It's a french film with subtitles but it's just so much funnier in french.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Me too! Mr. Rose hated it, but I loved it. I think you'll like it Duxxy, or have you seen it by now?
    I havent seen Garden State yet Rose, I'm waiting for Canflix to send it to me. Hopefully I get it this weekend!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The Legend of Suriyothai I strongly recommend this movie. This movie is one of the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Jen, I used to go out with a guy who said he and his best friend saw Phantom of the Paradise 13 or 14 times in the theatre when it first came out. I think they may have comprised the cult following for this movie.

I hated Hide and Seek. Mainly for the reasons Sunnyone said. Not because I couldn't figure out the ending - I didn't, but mostly because I couldn't believe it was so predictible, as geek said. Very disappointing.
    Hey Jane, I love that movie! Maybe because it was so gay, and I hadn't seen The Rocky Horror Show.

Phantom of The Paradise bombed in every major city in North America, except Winnipeg where it was a huge hit. The only time Hollywood went to Winnipeg for marketing tips.

Lotus, you do know I'm from Winnipeg, right? That's where those guys were from as well...can't remember which theatre though, think it may have been the old one on Portage that just shows skater films now. Too funny.

That movie pops up every once in a while on the Canadian movie channels...makes me think of my old boyfriend every time. *smiles nostagically*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    No, you caught me in brain freeze, Florimel. One of Matthau's too few potentials?

I'm going to have to seek this out myself. Its been too long. Thankfully searching something else out reminded me of this when I said "Heavens" for some reason and connected with Elaine once more.
    Yes, Leftcoaster. She was one of the hopeful potentials. I won't spoil the scene for you if you're planning on seeing the movie again, but I'm sure you'll know it when you see it.

just rented an old one "pretty woman" last night
    "A couple minutes ago, I was depressed about the gap. I'm like, forget the gap, sucka, I'm going to Thailand."
    ~Danielle (Season6 ANTM)

The list of movies I have rented the last few months:

Gia

Analyze This

The Upside of Anger

Prozac Nation

As Good as It Gets

Panic

Napoleon Dynamite

To Kill a Mockingbird

Riding in Cars with Boys

Boys Don't Cry

Mona Lisa Smile

Calendar Girls

Taxi

The Aviator

Cellular

Shall We Dance?

Terminal

Fifty First Dates

Are We There Yet?

Mean Girls

Meet The Fockers

Has anyone rented the movie Alexander? I want to rent it but I need to know if the movie is even worth renting.

We just rented Be Cool. The story was okay, but the actors were good. The Rock was excellent (quite a different character for him) and Vince Vaughn was good too. Cedrick the Entertainer was good. If the video store is out of what you want, then rent this movie, but don't put it on your must see list.

+ Reply to Thread