+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I just got finished watching "Hide & Seek". WOW!!!!! That's all I can say is WOW!!!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I just got finished watching "Hide & Seek". WOW!!!!! That's all I can say is WOW!!!
    Funny coincidence! I watched Hide and Seek last night. For me, it wasn't a WOW!!! experience. More like a "what the hell?" experience. I liked it well enough up until the climax - the atmosphere was creepy and Dakota Fanning did a good job. Unfortunately I saw the ending coming and I hate it when I can outsmart screenwriters. (It doesn't happen very often.) It was probably supposed to be a clever, M. Night Shamaylan (spelling?) ending, but to me, it just seemed trite and predictable. Anyway, it was an okay movie. Nothing more, nothing less. In my humble opinion, of course.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    Funny coincidence! I watched Hide and Seek last night. For me, it wasn't a WOW!!! experience. More like a "what the hell?" experience. I liked it well enough up until the climax - the atmosphere was creepy and Dakota Fanning did a good job. Unfortunately I saw the ending coming and I hate it when I can outsmart screenwriters. (It doesn't happen very often.) It was probably supposed to be a clever, M. Night Shamaylan (spelling?) ending, but to me, it just seemed trite and predictable. Anyway, it was an okay movie. Nothing more, nothing less. In my humble opinion, of course.
    exactly how I felt about it (saw it last night) nice review gtg!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Thanks, JamiLee! I'm a sucker for any type of scary movie, so I did enjoy it although I found it a bit too predictable.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I finally saw Secret Window. While I was easily able to figure out the ending, and some of it was S.King stealing his own ideas, Johnny Depp, as always, showed he looks beautiful no matter what and that he's a darn good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitternerfball
    I finally saw Secret Window. While I was easily able to figure out the ending, and some of it was S.King stealing his own ideas, Johnny Depp, as always, showed he looks beautiful no matter what and that he's a darn good actor.

I loved that movie. I am usually really good about figuring stuff out- but this one had me stumped, so it was quite a nice surprise. My husband had it figured out pretty much right away- so he didn't like it as well.

"Saw" It was disturbing, and twisted, not to mention a bit of a rip off of s3v3n. I wasn't too crazy about it.

I just rented Team America and Miss Congeniality. They were both really good.

Well, I was quite sick and my mom was nice enough to rent some movies for me and over the span of this week I was able to watch them all.

"Billy Madison": Wasn't as funny as I hoped it would be but however, this was Adam Sandler's early work and the film did have its bright moments (that freakin' penguin! : I love weird and random things).

"Pretty in Pink": I saw "The Breakfast Club" a few months back and I really enjoyed it so I wanted to watch some more John Hughes films of that time and I chose this one. Well, it was good and all but I felt like the only character I cared about was Duckie! God I loved Duckie! Also Molly Ringwald's coworker at the record store was pretty cool. :

"Sliding Doors": Just finished watching this earlier and I absolutely loved it. It was just such an excellent movie. Great story, great characters (I really cared about all of the characters in this movie) and I just totally got sucked into it. I admit, I almost got a bit teary at the end...but wow, what can I say? Fabulous film. Loved it.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

"The Aviator" - and I'd highly recommend it. Not much of a Leo DiCaprio fan (although he was AMAZING in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?") but he totally BLEW ME AWAY in this film. Really - the acting is just incredible, from Kate Blanchette to Alec Baldwin to Alan Alda.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread