+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace It was okay. I hadn't seen it before and since I saw Ep. 3 2 weeks ago, I wanted to watch it. I was bored at parts and didn't care too much for it. However, I give it a 3.5/5

Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones saw it on TV recently but wanted to watch it again. I thought it was okay, but the love story behind it was awfully cheesy. However, I liked it more than Epi. 1, maybe because Jar Jar Binks didn't speak much in the film! "Meesa sooo happy he didn't!!!" Ugh...4/5

Raise Your Voice with Hillary Duff. Totally predictable but sad movie. It was ok. 3/5

13 Going on 30 Another typical predictable chick flick but I liked it. 3/5
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

We rented Garden State the other night. I've been wanting to see it for ages since it seemed just like my kind of movie. I wasn't disappointed. What a cute, heart-warming little film! Zach Braff and Natalie Portman makes an adorable couple. GREAT music as well - I picked up the soundtrack immediately.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    My Neighbor Totoro and Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Rented Hotel Rwanda last night and it was absolutly amazing. It was done so well however the movie is quite sad throughout. It is sad to think that something like that actually happened.

I highly reccomend it to everyone. Probably the best movie I have seen this year next to National Treasurer.

This weekend, suspense and adventure!

National Treasure - Not too much to say about this one, other than it's a fun diversion, total popcorn movie. If you're in the mood for a fastpaced flick that combines the adventure of Indiana Jones and the historically-inspired riddles of Da Vinci Code, then this one's for you.

The Jacket - A pretty taut thriller that kept us guessing the whole way through, although you must really suspend your disbelief on major plot points. If you are willing to go along with high-concept movies like Donnie Darko and Memento, then you may enjoy this, although both of those titles are superior to this one, which is merely good, but not brilliant. Best part of this movie, really, is Adrien Brody, who turns in another brave performance. I also liked the gritty style of cinematography on this one.

I also got the Japanese movie Wild Zero but just haven't had the chance to watch it yet.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I've actually been curious about The Jacket. Thanks for you opinion and explanation, Snowy.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I rented
    Miss Congeniality 2 this weekend .. omg what a horrible movie. I expect sequels to pale in comparison to the originals but this was just a huge waste of money and time.
    Hitch - a nice little chick flick and a good way to waste a friday night when hubby has his buddies over playing poker.
    Meet the Fockers I um loved it I didn't like Meet the Parents because of the lowbrow humour but this movie struck me funny - really funny. Whipped cream on the Grand Titons is the funniest thing ever.

Recent rentals I liked:

National Treasure, The Aviator, In Good Company, White Noise,

Rentals I didn't like:
    Sideways, Miss Congenality 2, Oceans 12, Elektra

Can't wait to rent:
    The Pacifier, Bride and Prejudice, Million Dollar Baby, Garden State.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 06-27-2005 at 02:34 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

This weekend we rented "After the Sunset" (with Pierce Brosnan and Salma Hayak (?- sorry can't spell her name) and Woody Harrellson. It was really good. A nice mindless movie you don't have to think too hard about. The scenery was beautiful and I've already expressed that I want to go there on our next vacation.

Kinsey - Adult comedy. One of the best movies that came out last year.

Vera Drake - It starts off surprisingly light for a heavy drama. Midway through it becomes more serious. Interesting transition: from a "picture perfect" first half to a gritty and real conclusion.

I've been meaning to post about a great movie we rented a few months ago. It's an independent film called The 24th Day. I won't give it away, but just in case you want to know: it starts out with two men hooking up at a bar and going to one of their homes for fun. It gets crazy from there. There is no sex in it, but a lot of sexual dialogue. When we first started watching it, my husband looked at me and asked how long we were going to watch it for (he was unimpressed) and I wanted to give it another 10 minutes. We were hooked! Very interesting movie, with a lot of dialogue and you want to watch it until the end because you HAVE to know what happens!

+ Reply to Thread