+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I signed up for Netflix and can't wait until I get my first movies.

Run, Lola, Run

Definetely interesting and very unique/different. If you want to see a foreign film I would recommend this. Besides maybe 5/10 minutes or so, the film is exciting and constantly on the move...and i literally mean that!

FORT Fogey
    I just rented two movies to keep me entertained while I do a big filing project.

I rented Shallow Hal and Blood Simple, neither of which I've ever seen. I almost never go to the movies -- haven't been in a theater in more than four years, and I'm not very regular about renting things, either.

It takes a project like this one to keep me inside for four straight hours, and I'm hoping these films keep me entertained while I'm stuck inside the house today!!

Pom, I saw Shallow Hal recently and it's much better than I thought it would be. I've never heard of Blood Simple. You'll have to let us know if it's worth seeing.

I watched Double Jeopardy last night. I'd seen it in the theater years ago, but it's definitely one worth seeing again.

FORT Fogey
    I thought Shallow Hal was awful. What a waste of time. I think Jack Black is a creepy little freak, and I thought Jason Alexander was disgusting in the movie. He seems to be so one-dimensional -- all of his characters are "George Costanza." I did notice that he tried very hard to hide the New York accent in this movie, but he often failed to hide it.

This movie did absolutely nothing for me, other than rob me of 113 minutes of my wonderful life. But shame on me for not hitting the "stop" and "eject" buttons on my remote.

My husband and I rented National Treasure and being the history freak that I am, I really enjoyed it. We also saw Hitch which was pretty funny...I thought Will Smith and Kevin James were good. Eva Mendes was pretty funny too.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Be Cool - it was OK. Cedric the Entertainer was pretty funny, Harvey Keitel is always good...but my gawd, I thought John Travolta and Uma Thurmann looked hideous. Travolta was all bloated and Uma looked positively haggard. Steven Tyler looked hot next to them.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I thought Shallow Hal was awful. What a waste of time. I think Jack Black is a creepy little freak, and I thought Jason Alexander was disgusting in the movie. He seems to be so one-dimensional -- all of his characters are "George Costanza." I did notice that he tried very hard to hide the New York accent in this movie, but he often failed to hide it.

This movie did absolutely nothing for me, other than rob me of 113 minutes of my wonderful life. But shame on me for not hitting the "stop" and "eject" buttons on my remote.
    I liked Shallow Hall, but it could have been done so much better! The *lesson* was great, and I would have loved to have my kids watch it, but way too much sex talk that I just wasn't comfortable with it. Too bad too. (and I agree with you- hated Jason A in the show as well- he was pretty creepy, wasn't he?).

We had pretty good luck with rental movies this weekend; we seemed to enjoy all of them.

Garden State - Very refreshing, funny, and heartfelt film. I was impressed with Zach Braff's screenwriting/directing debut. Obviously a very personal, passionate, labor-of-love type work, with fine performances by not only Braff, but Nathalie Portman and others. And the soundtrack (with bands like The Shins and Frou Frou) kicks much ass!

Kinsey - Wow, I knew very little about the fascinating life of Dr. Alfred Kinsey, other than that his name is attached to the famous sex report. Well color me enlightened, and maybe even a little bit touched (<--not meant in a pervy way). I love Liam Neeson, and he's fantastic in this, as is Laura Linney. Peter Sarsgaard, who coincidentally was also in Garden State, also catches my eye in this one (full frontal--hello!).

Being Julia - I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet, but it does seem a shame that Annette Bening lost her second chance at the Oscar when she has turned in such a bravura performance in this amusing sex farce that takes place in the elegance of prewar London's tony theater scene. The supporting cast is also very good. Sure to arouse snickers if you are interested or involved in acting or the theater.

The Forgotten - Not a great film by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly not good enough for its star, the wonderful Julianne Moore, but an effective enough thriller about a woman whose son goes missing, not only from her sight, but from the minds of everyone other than the mother herself. Typical enough potboiler (with a supernatural twist), but we were actually kept in suspense the whole time, and the scenes of people being "taken" are hella freaky. Like a feature length episode of "The Twilight Zone."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enthusiast
    Run, Lola, Run

Definetely interesting and very unique/different. If you want to see a foreign film I would recommend this. Besides maybe 5/10 minutes or so, the film is exciting and constantly on the move...and i literally mean that!
    If you like Run,Lola, Run check out The Warrior and the Princess. They're both Tom Tykwer films that feature Franka Potente.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

+ Reply to Thread