+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 420 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I rented Following this weekend. First time I'd rented a movie in many, many months. I had to pull my wallet apart at the cash register just to find my Blockbuster card. Anyway, I'll call Following a triumphant return to the video rental world. My wife and I both really enjoyed it. And at an hour and ten minutes, it was the perfect length for a couple of chronically exhausted parents.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I just watched Sweet Home Alabama and last night I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Going in I was a bit afraid these movies were overhyped and I think that was the case with Sweet Home Alabama as I didn't think that was anything great. Just a rather ordinary movie. Well worth the money of a rental but nothing to write home about. My Big Fat Greek Wedding on the other hand was everything it was said to be. Next to About a Boy it is the best movie I have seen this year.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Just finished watching Series 7:The Contenders. Really neat movie. Very, very different from your average flick. Definitely something we reality TV fans can sink our teeth into. I recommend it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

One word of warning about Series 7, BTW. Some of the scenes are pretty intense and disturbing. The premise of the film is fundamentally violent, and they don't pull any punches. There are some quality darkly humorous bits, though. The very last word in the movie, for example, made me . It's an expert satire.

You've been warned.

We rented Igby Goes Down yesterday but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I watched The Master of Disguize today, didn't care for it at all. It had its moments (the turtle guy was funny) but overall it wasn't very good.
    I don't have low self-esteem. I'm an egomaniac who just happens to be stupid and ugly.

Watched Men in Black II and The Good Girl this weekend.

MIIB was okay. Nothing to write home about. I felt I'd seen all the gags before, and the plot simply didn't make a lot of sense.

The Good Girl was not what I expected. It was one of those independent movies I'm going to have to chew over.

Overall, two okay movies to rent if you're really that bored.

phat, I went to the theater for MIB2, and both my wife and I were very disappointed in it. The plot was completely outlandish, and the characters sucked. It was all just an excuse to get the guys back together again, with nothing really to do.

A big disappointment over MIB1, which I loved.

Originally posted by John
    phat, I went to the theater for MIB2, and both my wife and I were very disappointed in it. The plot was completely outlandish, and the characters sucked. It was all just an excuse to get the guys back together again, with nothing really to do.

A big disappointment over MIB1, which I loved.
    Agreed.

I got up in the middle during my first viewing to do some laundry, sat back down, and felt I hadn't missed a thing.

I actually went for a second viewing as, hey, I must be masochistic or something, and it STILL didn't make a lot of sense.

A waste of talent like Tommy Lee, Will, and even Lara Flynn, whom I've liked since Twin Peaks. <--- Kinda followed most of the Twin Peaks's alumni since the show folded.

We borrowed the "Signs" DVD from a friend over the weekend and watched it. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, really, but I enjoyed it.

Our pre-ordered DVD of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" came in on Friday, so we watched it Friday night. I loved it! It definitely gets a from me...

+ Reply to Thread