+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Sideways, just a gem of a grown-up movie. Virginia Madsen should have won best supporting actress.

Meet The Fockers: Loved Meet The Parents, but didn't find this one near as funny as the first.

Are We There Yet? Good movie, funny in quite a few spots. A lot of stupid humor, but funny none the less. 3/5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Sideways, just a gem of a grown-up movie. Virginia Madsen should have won best supporting actress.

Meet The Fockers: Loved Meet The Parents, but didn't find this one near as funny as the first.
    Both disappointed me. Didn't see the big fuss around the first one (Sideways)and did not laugh once at the second on (MTF).

Baadasssss! - This is a great movie; one of the best of last year. It's about the making of the first Blaxploitation film which helped break Hollywood racial stereotypes at the time. Mario Van Peeple's performance as his real-life father is stellar (comparable to Jamie Foxx's in Ray and Don Cheadle's in Hotel Rwanda). An underrated film.

Okay, so I watched the critically acclaimed "Sideways" last night. In no way did I see where Thomas Haden Church or Virginia Madsen (or the movie itself) deserved Oscar nominations. Thing I DID like about it...Paul Giamatti (if I spelled that right.) He was very, very good.

Of course, I am not a member of the Academy who makes such decisions...if I were, John Cusack would get a nomination every year just because....and that mechanical shark in "Jaws" would have a best actor statue as well.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Ocean's Twelve- What a waste of time! The best part was Tess playing Julia Roberts, other than that it sucked.

Pedro Almodovar's La Mala Educación is a wonderful thriller that, like it's Bernard Hermann-esque musical score, points toward the classic thrillers of Alfred Hitchcock, with its twisty explorations of deceit, mistaken identity, and tragic infatuations, but also addresses current topics like abuse in the Catholic church, all while still bearing the proud transgressive stamp of its director (so only the open-minded need apply). Its complex, multi-layered story rewards repeat viewings, as does the ogle-riffic man-meat shots of Gael Garcia Bernal.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

donnie darko

Saw Donnie Darko the other night... some parts were creepy, but the underlying themes were definitely worth looking into.

I liked the movie, overall. Surprisingly, there were even some humorous parts and Jake played the lead role very well.

If you're into sort of "weird" movies, then I'd recommend this one
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Pedro Almodovar's La Mala Educación is a wonderful thriller that, like it's Bernard Hermann-esque musical score, points toward the classic thrillers of Alfred Hitchcock, with its twisty explorations of deceit, mistaken identity, and tragic infatuations, but also addresses current topics like abuse in the Catholic church, all while still bearing the proud transgressive stamp of its director (so only the open-minded need apply). Its complex, multi-layered story rewards repeat viewings, as does the ogle-riffic man-meat shots of Gael Garcia Bernal.
    Oooh! Thanks SFG for reminding me of the movie I've been wanting to see! I agree, Bernal-

I rented the original version of The Longest Yard. I saw it on TV when I was a kid and loved it, but hadn't seen it since. Not as good as I remembered.

+ Reply to Thread