+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I am a big South Park fan, and just thought Team America was so-so. The sex scene was funny and the scenes with the stupid actors were funny, but I thought it wasn't Stone/Parker's best work. I'd put it on the same level as a bad South Park episode, and there are a few of those.

The Aviator was better than I expected. I expected to be bored, but then was reminded about what an interesting guy Hughes was. I had read a couple books about him many years ago, but had forgotten a lot of the story. I actually put a Hughes documentary on my netflix list after seeing The Aviator. I liked that it focused on Hughes' good years, and not just when he was wacked out, which is what most of these stories are centered on. And Cate Blanchett is very good as Kate Hepburn. That has to be a hard role to play, because it's so easy to come off as cartoonish when playing Hepburn, but Cate did a great job.

I liked National Treasure a lot - and was surprised that I did. It's one of those movies where you can't sit there and pick it apart, you just have to go with it, and if you do, it's fun. All of those cliche movie review lines, "thrill ride," "non-stop action," "hold on" blah blah blah, actually apply to this one.

The Life Aquatic had its moments and is quirky in a good way, but overall is dull. There are some funny lines, but for the most part it's a waste of time. I don't even remember if I finished watching it.

I liked The Aviator a lot too Chach, one I the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I rented ...

Assault on Precinct 13th..

It was an ok action flick.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I bought Cellular a few weeks ago. This is one of the very few movies that have kept my interest the whole time. Great movie
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    I bought Cellular a few weeks ago. This is one of the very few movies that have kept my interest the whole time. Great movie
    I rented Cellular a couple of months ago and liked it a lot. It's another one of those movies where if you put aside thinking "this couldn't happen that way/why didn't he just..., etc." it's very well done and a great thriller. (And probably the hardest thing to get past is Kim Basinger as a science teacher.)

I've been pretty busy watching old episodes of the X-Files recently, but I've somehow managed to see these movies:

The Machinist - it took a while getting used to Christian Bale's frighteningly slight frame, but after that it turned out to be a pretty decent Fight Club/Memento pastiche.

Man On Fire - I quite liked this one, despite the eerie presence of Dakota Fanning.

Exorcist: The Beginning - I had to watch this, being Swedish and all, since both Stellan Skarsgård and Izabella Scorupco are Swedish. Oh, and I lovedthe original. This one was pretty mediocre, though.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Last movies I rented:
    National Treasure...I highly recommend this movie! Excellent!
    Son of the Mask...lord help me...I promise it was for my son...I couldn't sit thru it......
    Phantom of the Opera.... ...saw it on Broadway and went to the movies to see this also....wound up buying this tape!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl
    I've been pretty busy watching old episodes of the X-Files recently, but I've somehow managed to see these movies:

The Machinist - it took a while getting used to Christian Bale's frighteningly slight frame, but after that it turned out to be a pretty decent Fight Club/Memento pastiche.

Man On Fire - I quite liked this one, despite the eerie presence of Dakota Fanning.

Exorcist: The Beginning - I had to watch this, being Swedish and all, since both Stellan Skarsgård and Izabella Scorupco are Swedish. Oh, and I lovedthe original. This one was pretty mediocre, though.
    I hadn't even heard of The Machinist, but looked it up and am going to rent it. It seems like my kind of movie! I loved Memento and liked Fight Club a lot. Thanks for the tip, GTG.

I rented "Meet The Fockers" last night.....and I really didn't care for it as much as I did the original. I still loved Ben Stiller, and Still loved DeNiro's character "Jack"...but overall, I give it a "meh". (and it could have used more Jinxy, the cat! LOL) Overall, a so-so sequel.

Lately I've seen "Ocean's Twelve"...expecting something as good as "Ocean's Eleven"...again, a so-so sequel. (why is it so rare that a sequel is as good, or better??? I mean, Spiderman 2 is GREAT, so I see that is could be done!) Ocean's Twelve needed MORE ACTION, period.

Also saw another sequel "Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason". As much as I loved the books, as much as I loved the first movie, again, a less-than-stellar sequel. Best thing about it? Fight between Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. It's a cute movie, even a sweet movie, but it's just not as good as the first.

OH I thought of a sequel (besides Spiderman 2!) that I saw recently that WAS good..."The Bourne Supremacy". Action packed, very intense.

Okay, enough rambling on about all of this....

Tonight I'm going to watch "Sideways"......I hope it lives up to the hype! (although I realize that is all subjective!)
    Last edited by suncat7; 06-04-2005 at 03:11 PM.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Geek, thank you for reminding me of The Machinist. I saw a trailer for it several weeks ago and it looked very promising. Christian Bale does have a very scary concentration camp look to him in that film.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread