+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Super Size Me - made me swear off fast food again (just like it did when I saw it in the theater!)

Tortilla Soup - family drama with Hector Elizondo playing a widower with 3 grown daughters

Saved! - I should have just bought it instead of renting it since the cost of a movie ticket and a movie rental add up to about the cost of the DVD. LOVE this movie!

Lucky 13 - cute little indie film with Lauren Graham. The ending was sort of "huh?," but overall, not too bad.

I really wanted to rent Stage Beauty with Clare Danes and Billy Crudup, but it was all out. Has anyone seen it? I admit I'm curious since this was the film where they met and got together (and he left Mary Louise Parker when she was pregnant with his child).

BTW - I remember seeing the original Stepford Wives when I was a kid and it scared the snot out of me!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I rented Garden State. While I liked parts of it, I didn't get most of it. I seemed to have missed something, basically I missed why people were raving about it.

Napoleon Dynamite- my daughter rented it. I lasted about 15 minutes but the guy's whining voice just did me in. I couldn't listen to him any more. She thought it was kind of funny.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

"House of Blue Daggers" was pretty good , visually stimulating and poetic like a ballet.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Jersey Girl

Overall it was pretty sweet. Enjoyable.

Nine Lives

Sort of a bland slasher flick, the setting is good, very atmospheric, has some creepy moments, but could have been much better.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Ghost in the Machine - Innocence

Mean Girls

Confessions of a Teenaged Drama Queen

I know, it was sort of a Lindsay Lohan fest. Every once in a while I just gotta indulge the teenage girl in me...
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

The Village - decent movie

Exorcist:The Beginning - don't bother

The Notebook - had me bawling like a baby!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Perfect Strangers - Odd, odd, odd movie. Would not recommend it.

Exorcist - The Beginning - I liked it, if you take into account that it's a horror movie and not a historical account.

Rise of the Phoenix - Surprisingly, I liked it. It was also weird to see Giovanni Ribisi in such a departure from his usual roles.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The Motorcycle Diaries - didn't finish watching it, I will finish tonight...but I am really enjoying it, so far.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Closer
    All I can say is this movie puts a real damper on love.
    No sex, just a lot of raw talk. Rated R for a reason.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Supersize Me

Definitely interesting documentary, though made me feel a bit sick....

+ Reply to Thread