+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 420 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Originally posted by lobeck
    "Three to Tango" and "Keeping the Faith" were both pretty good. Haven't seen "Brassed Off!" yet...
    i LOVED both "three to tango" and "keeping the faith." right up my alley!

kylie, i actually liked "the bourne identity." i love the co-star from one of my fave movies, "run lola run."

i recently rented "the good girl", "harvard man", "the cell" and "the importance of being earnest."

"the good girl" wasn't very good, imo. i thought jennifer aniston did a fine acting job, but i thought the story line was weak and a bit boring.

"harvard man" was bizarre. it stars joey lauren adams, sarah michelle gellar and adrian grenier (who was in "drive me crazy" with melissa joan hart). i thought it would be a romantic comedy from the cover [IMG]images/stor/harvard man.jpg[/IMG] but i was totally wrong. this is the movie that they should show impressionable kids in order to deter them from taking drugs. okay, not the WHOLE movie, as it's filled with sex, but definitely the part where the harvard guy takes 3 hits of pure LSD and can't quit tripping. it's jacked up.

lastly, "the importance of being earnest" was FREAKIN' great!!! it stars colin firth, rupert everett, reese witherspoone, judy dench, francis o'connor, et al. awesome awesome movie. i'm going to have to own it.

We watched Master of Disguise last weekend. It was a horrible movie. I kept thinking that if I was in a theater, I would have walked out. In my opinion, don't waste your money or time. It was just awful!

We also watched the Banger Sisters, which was pretty good. It gave me a couple of good chuckles, so it was worth it.

Sher, you rented 'importance of being earnest' ? Do tell how it turns out! I always wanted to watch that show!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Trisstree
    I watched "unfaithful" yesterday, with Richard Gere...

It was good but depressing. One of those movies that I'm glad I saw it but I probably won't see it again ....

Finally rented Almost Famous.

Kate Hudson was great. Actually.. everyone was great.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

The Age of Enlightenment Kicks Ass!

Finally saw "Brotherhood of the Wolf" after hearing many, many recommendations about it (all right, two recommendations, and one was in passing in the Movie Game discussion thread).

For the uninitiated, BotW is about a French folklore story taking place sometime in the 1700's (pay attention to that, because we'll come back to that in a moment). A huge beast is terrorizing the countryside, and the King sends two messengers to take care of the threat.

All right, "blah, blah, blah," I think...until ten minutes into the film when one of the messengers STARTS KICKING ASS MARTIAL ARTS style. I had to go back in the DVD to watch that again because I sat there, thinking, "Oh, HELL no. Not only is this out of context for the time period, but it's a blending of two genres that simply DON'T MIX."

And the weird part is, it continues this way for the course of the movie! Imagine guys in those tri-point hats suddenly drawing swords and fighting each other, Matrix-style. And those prissy guys in French court costume taking off their velvet jackets and roundhouse-kicking each other.

Apparently, this thing was wildly popular in Europe, which got me thinking, "Why not? This could open up a whole new dimension in stuffy American costume dramas!"

Imagine, if you will:

*George Washington and General Cornwallis settling things mano-a-mano with a sword and a spear...

*Or the Aaron Burr/Alexander Hamilton duel, this time with "Praying Mantis at Rest" and "Drunken Monkey Style" fighting.

*Or Ulysses Grant and Robert E. Lee taking off their coats, drawing lines in the sand with their feet, yelling, and rushing each other, only to clash with a mid-air leap.

*Steven Seagal as General "Stonewall" Jackson.

*Freud and Jung settling their philosophical differences...with a little kickboxing. (Freud cracks his knuckles as we zoom in on Jung's eyes, narrowing at his opponent. Both men scream and engage in a lightning series of punches, ducks and dodges.)

The possibilities are endless!

Originally posted by raindance
    Sher, you rented 'importance of being earnest' ? Do tell how it turns out! I always wanted to watch that show!
    rainy, it's a must see!!! i will definitely own this one.

rainy, it's a must see!!! i will definitely own this one.
    That's good to hear! I'll pick one up too. Rupert Everett .
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Rented this weekend..

The Good Girl - Not what I expected, but I enjoyed it. Pretty dark, though.

Black Hawk Down - WTF? Orlando Bloom is in this??? No one told me! Seriously, it was very good if not very depressing and graphic.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Loved everyone in it. Great feel good movie!

Had never seen it before.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread