+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

This weekend I rented Napolean Dynamite, The Dreamers, and Monster.
    I only liked Napolean. And why the heck did Charlize Thron win an Oscar for Monster?! WTF? Just because she's ugly? Because it certainly couldn't have been for outstanding acting.

Alien Vs. Predator, Troy and the Grudge. I would reccomend Try, Alien vs. Predator is alright and The Grudge is a decent horror movie.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

I actually rented two good movies in a row for a change:

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (wonderful) and Bad Santa (hilarious, and surprisingly heartfelt in a twisted, X-rated sort of way). I also recently rented Mean Girls, and the highschool-flick-loving part of me was somewhat disappointed. With Tina Fey having written the screenplay, I had expected something a bit sharper, more Heathers. Still, it was very entertaining and had some stellar lines, like "I can't go to Taco Bell, you moron! I'm on an all-carb diet!"
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Yesterday I rented The Notebook. Great movie and I'm glad I watched it alone (not much for tearing up in front of others).
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I rented:

Dawn of the Dead (remake)

I've never seen the original, but LOVED the remake....pretty frightening....and just a great horror film, for any fans of zombie movies.

Maria Full of Grace is out of its Netflix envelope and just sitting on my coffee table.

Yes, I'm a whore for independent films recommended by mainstream rags like Premiere.

By the way, happyblue? Wow. I'm blown away by your knowledge of film.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I rented the Incredibles last night and watched it. I was blown away. I didn't watch it theaters (just wait the 6 months for rental I say) and it's easily one of the best movies I've seen in quite a while (probably since Ray, and December's I, Robot and Collateral). The animation is quite stunning, and the movie was all around fun. The bonus features really boosted some points as well. If you don't normally check out the second disc/bonus features, check out the Top Secret section on Disc 2, and watch the animated show. Then, watch it with the commentary. I have not laughed harder than that since the glory days of Who's Line is it Anyways.

I definitely give the Incredibles a 10/10 for a great movie, great bonus features, and a wonderful presentation. Just wow.

A few weeks ago, I got a chance to watch the Spongebob Movie. Also pleasantly surprised, as I've only seen a few Spongebob episodes from before (which I enjoyed quite a bit). I really enjoyed it, laughed quite a bit, though, it seemed to have slowed down closer to the end. There are a few things during the movie that have kind of stuck with me since I've seen it.

I'd give it a 8/10 myself. I'd give it a 9, but it slowed down near the end, and the bonus features were somewhat lacking. Nonetheless, another great movie during a slow rental time.

Sadly, this is these are the only movies I've rented for about a month now. I've been stuck on watching the first four seasons of CSI.

I just watched Saw because I have heard from my friends that it was impossible to guess the end and guess what....it is!!!

I hightly recommend it..even if you are not a fan of scary movies. This one will have you smacking your forehead with disbelief!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    This month,

(good)
    Ghost in the Shell 2
    Goodbye Lenin
    The Battle of Algiers
    Tarkovsky's The Mirror (So, that's where the videotape sequence from The Ring/Ringu came from!)
    The Decalogue (8 and 9, so far)
    The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
    Insomnia (original)
    Wings of Desire

(bad)
    The Thing From Another World (Slow pacing; Dull characters; Scary scenes laughable)

(okay)
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (I found the 1954 classic to be a bit slow and dated. I noticed the Star Trek references. Interesting.)

(great)
    The Wire (Ep. 1-5)
    Damn Yankees (It's up there with Singin' in the Rain as one of the better musicals)
    The Seventh Seal
    Breaking the Waves
    Eyes Without a Face
    Faust (1926)
    The 400 Blows
    I keep seeing you with a beret and a gauloise.

Rented:
    Man on Fire

+ Reply to Thread