+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

This movie is amazing haunting beautiful.
    [Exotica]

I've seen it, and, yes, I did like it. I thought the ending was unforgettable.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Gutmutter, what do you mean by "stuckup and Nancyboy"?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Last night rented...

The Girl Next Door

I heard this one has gotten good reviews....overall it was ok, but I've seen better comedies.

To honour the collective memory of our childhoods, my friends and I rented The Last Unicorn last night. Hmm...fantasy + 80s anime = LOVE.

"Hidalgo" and "Love Actually," ***
    I watched these two with my family. One is a goofy adventure movie about a legendary horse race across the Arabian desert. I thought it was enjoyable for what it was - popcorn fluff. But I can see why it flopped in the boxoffice. The other is the mother of all "romcom" movies. Great ensemble cast. There are about five story plots simultaneously played out the whole movie. But it's done so seamlessly, it's not confusing. The nudity was offputting, especially with my conservative relatives sitting right beside me. But the last 30 minutes, consisting of about five "feel good" moments, more than made up for it. Have a tissue handy.
    Last edited by happyblue; 03-07-2005 at 07:48 PM.

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    I did'nt rent it but my friend just let me borrow, Pulp Fiction. That Quentin Tarintino film with Uma Thurman. Samuel Jackson and John Travolta are also in it. I havent watched it though. Anyone seen it?
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

Harold & Kumar Go To The White Castle I loved it! Coulda done without all the potty humor and boobshots, but overall I thought it was hilarious. 5/5
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Pulp Fiction is a classic, J1NVUPatricia! You're in for a treat. Or you'll hate it and think I'm crazy. I'm a huge Tarantino fan though, so my opinion is quite biased.

This weekend we watched a Thai film called 6ixtyNin9, that is a cool, little crime thriller with a deft (but darkly) comedic touch, a healthy sense of irony, and is also, coincidentally, a wee bit Tarantino-esque. I think knowing too much about the story would spoil the suspense, but the main premise is that the life of a down-on-her-luck woman is changed drastically by a loose number on her apartment door (6 to 9--hence the title) which causes her to find a large sum of money in a noodle box at her front door. For me, I was interested in seeing contemporary Thai cinema, which O dpn't know that much about. It was a pleasant surprise.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Mis
    Miss Misfit
    Napoleon Dynamite - Enjoyable, but not nearly as funny as I was led to believe.

This month,

(good)
    Ghost in the Shell 2
    Goodbye Lenin
    The Battle of Algiers
    Tarkovsky's The Mirror (So, that's where the videotape sequence from The Ring/Ringu came from!)
    The Decalogue (8 and 9, so far)
    The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
    Insomnia (original)
    Wings of Desire

(bad)
    The Thing From Another World (Slow pacing; Dull characters; Scary scenes laughable)

(okay)
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (I found the 1954 classic to be a bit slow and dated. I noticed the Star Trek references. Interesting.)

(great)
    The Wire (Ep. 1-5)
    Damn Yankees (It's up there with Singin' in the Rain as one of the better musicals)
    The Seventh Seal
    Breaking the Waves
    Eyes Without a Face
    Faust (1926)
    The 400 Blows
    Last edited by happyblue; 03-13-2005 at 03:42 AM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread