+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    We rented Stepford Wives in anticipation of a snow day and were disappointed. I had read the book decades ago and the contrived ending on the movie was so bad. I guess it didn't help that I don't like Nicole Kidman or Mathew Broderick (Stuckup and Nancyboy). It was also very confusing...were they robots or women with brain implants? If someone can explain that to me, I'd be curious to know.
    stuckup and nancyboy?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    We rented Stepford Wives in anticipation of a snow day and were disappointed. I had read the book decades ago and the contrived ending on the movie was so bad. I guess it didn't help that I don't like Nicole Kidman or Mathew Broderick (Stuckup and Nancyboy). It was also very confusing...were they robots or women with brain implants? If someone can explain that to me, I'd be curious to know.
    I saw it when it first came out in theatres...wish I hadn't....really dumb remake...I do like the original movie, quite creepy. I hated Nicole Kidman in this...yuck.....I'm guessing they had something like brain implants...but seriously so dumb. :phhht

I don't rent often, but I rented Nine Queens this past weekend. I had seen it already, but it's a great movie, so I invited some friends over to watch it. It's an under-rated foreign film that Hollywood missed the mark on when they re-made it.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

The Notebook, such a romantic movie .. *sheds a tear* .. thoroughyly reccomended and Anaconda was a pretty decent movie first one was better this one was an effort one that wasn't hugely worth trying.
    [ all we need is love and peace ] [ ]

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I also watched The Motorcycle Diaries with Snowy's other husband Gael Garcia Bernal and I thought it was pretty good.
    Corky! Ssshhh, don't tell anybody, it's a secret. So secret, even Gael doesn't know!

I finally saw Mean Girls, and watched it with with a gaggle of teenagers, which was an enlightening experience, to say the least. Anyway, I loved it! It was so fetch!

Back when I was a wee lass, we used to watch Heathers projected on the walls of the cave with firelight...
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

American Crime (starring: there are no stars)
    One of the worst movies I have ever watched all the way to the end.
    A serial killer who done it.
    The biggest problem, you never find out who the killer is.
    The movie starts out bad and goes downhill from there. :phhht

A Man on Fire and House of Sand and Fog are still sitting on my coffee table, in their Netflix envelopes. I don't have the time.

And, uh, since I'm on the three-at-a-time plan, I also have Beauty and the Beast. My better half loves The Little Mermaid but has never seen Beauty and the Beast. It's very good...er, so a friend told me.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

We once rented Lulu on the Bridge - I'd love to hear from anyone who has seen it and was able to make any kind of sense out of it. It was so bizarre we use it as an empty punishment threat (If you don't behave I'll rent Lulu and make you watch it). I was next to a man renting it the other day and wanted to warn him. Oh, and Reality - I thought it was implants, too, but then couldn't make sense of the ATM lady with money coming out of her mouth. WTF?
    Count your blessings!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    . Oh, and Reality - I thought it was implants, too, but then couldn't make sense of the ATM lady with money coming out of her mouth. WTF?
    lol, I know makes NO SENSE!!

finally rented a few I'd been waiting to see for a while.

THE GRUDGE

For some reason I wasn't as scared as I thought I was going to be, maybe because I was watching it in the daytime, but it kept giving off vibes from The Ring as well....anyway I am a HUGE fan of horror movies, and it was entertaining enough.

GODSEND

Ok, I heard that this one had gotten a lot of really bad reviews...but you know what ? The heck with those reviews....I loved it......great little thriller, kept me on the edge of my seat.

Exotica (1994)

Rated R. Nominated for a best foreign film award. (Don't worry though, it's all in English- the movie is set in Canada)

This movie is amazing haunting beautiful.

I admit I didn't want to watch it at first since I thought it would be some sort of sex flick, but it's not like that at all- it's so much more complex and deeper than that. The beginning is almost confusing because we see all these different storylines- people walking in a field, a guy at a strip club, another man at an airport- but slowly, somehow, the lines between the stories become blurred collide and everything sort of settles and fits together so perfectly at the end.

The director/writer is an effing genius.

Truly an amazing portrayal of despair and need in people's lives.

Just. Wow.

+ Reply to Thread