+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

I liked Napolean Dynamite much, MUCH better than I thought I would - nowhere near as pretentious as I feared it would be. Very funny - and you just had to love his dance. A pleasant surprise.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just watched Saw and The Grudge. The Grudge wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be but it looks to me like there'll be a sequel. Saw was really good. Totally didn't see the twist coming at the end. WOW!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, *****
    It's up there with other Miyazaki classics, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. There's a strong LOTR and Star Wars influence. (Mark Hamill even plays a part.) I'd even go as far as to say it's better than LOTR and Star Wars. The characters feel more human, even though they're animated. The movie is about something. It's central message is clearly anti-war and anti-pollution, which is even more relevant now than when it was released 20 years ago.

It also contains the director's best animation. The detail of the large shell creatures, the battle ships, the poisonous jungle is marvelous. The DVD is a must-own for Miyazaki fans.
    Last edited by happyblue; 02-26-2005 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I rented SAW
    I love these kind of movies and this one didn't disappoint.
    I am a little confused on the end. It was much better than
    I was expecting and would recommend it all who like Serial Killer movies.

I have heard so many good things about this movie and I can't wait for it to be mailed to me!

I finally watched The Notebook last night and I thought it was okay..maybe I was expecting too much. I really liked Rachel McAdams in the movie,but I thought Ryan Gosling's acting was a little ....err...off in this movie. I know he can act,I've seen him in The Believer and I thought he did an amazing job! For some reason I couldn't connect with his character in this particular film.

I also watched The Motorcycle Diaries with Snowy's other husband Gael Garcia Bernal and I thought it was pretty good.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    The Notebook

I saw this last night.....loved it!! Although .... so sad......Ryan Gosling was just perfect. I also thought Rachel Mcadams (Mean Girls) was wonderful....a great upcoming actress. I see big things ahead from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    I rented SAW
    I love these kind of movies and this one didn't disappoint.
    I am a little confused on the end. It was much better than
    I was expecting and would recommend it all who like Serial Killer movies.

What were you confused about with the end?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    I also thought Rachel Mcadams (Mean Girls) was wonderful....a great upcoming actress. I see big things ahead from her.
    Wow! I didn't realize that was her Reality tv fan! Good catch! I loved her in that movie,too!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    What were you confused about with the end?
    Somehow I thought the wrong person was responsible.
    I went on a spoiler site and got a lot of answers to some
    lingering questions I had about the movie.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Hmmm I just bought Collateral on DVD and watched it. Kind of slow in the beginning but it sure picked up at the end. Pretty good movie and I thought Tom Cruise was great.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

We rented Stepford Wives in anticipation of a snow day and were disappointed. I had read the book decades ago and the contrived ending on the movie was so bad. I guess it didn't help that I don't like Nicole Kidman or Mathew Broderick (Stuckup and Nancyboy). It was also very confusing...were they robots or women with brain implants? If someone can explain that to me, I'd be curious to know.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread