+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

"Napolean Dynamite"

I'd have to say "DYNAMITE!!!!" since I really liked this movie. Hardly any plot, mostly stream of conciousness/slice of life kind of movie, but a great character. I recommend it!

"Alien vs. Predator"

Other than the effects/thrill ride aspect of this movie, it pretty much SUCKED. I'd only recommend it if you are big into the genre, have seen all of the preceding creature movies involved, and have a sweet home theater setup. Otherwise, walk on by
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I just watched Behind The Sun with Rodrigo Santoro (Charlie's Angels 2,Love,Actually) which is a story about a young man who must avenge the murder of his brother but questions the traditions of violence between his family and the rival family which killed his relative.

It was ultimately a sweet,but sad movie. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they wanted a good cry.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I really liked Behind the Sun to, Corky. That's the same director who did Motorcycle Diaries. I actually found Behind the Sun to be more enchanting, maybe because despite the tragedy of the plot there's a fairytale-like quality to it.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by happyblue
    Ray, ****
    Collateral, ****
    The former, a remarkable biopic on a druggie pop icon. The latter, one of those "it all happened in one night" sort of deals. (It's been done before. Read: Afterhours, Eyes Wide Shut, Harold and Kumar...) It's slow-paced and dreamlike. Like a typical night in L.A., I suppose. Oh yeah, there's also some guy named Foxx in both movies. Ya mighta hearda him.
    Lol, happyblue. Those are the last 2 movies I rented too, well along with Friday Night Lights, which I slept through. Whoops. Each was very good though, and I agree about Collateral's having a dreamlike quality. That worked for the plot though, which was kinda surreal itself.

We watched both the original Japanese version and more recent American remake of Shall We Dance. A very sweet story in both versions, and as fan of ballroom dancing (yes, I am) I very much enjoyed watching the dance sequences in both. However, I must say I vastly preferred the Japanese version; not sure whether this is due to the fact that I thought the storyline was more interesting in the context of Japanese social mores or perhaps I'm allergic to J.Lo (I liked Richard Gere in the lead role though). Anyway, marvelous film about finding your bliss, makes me want to get my dancing shoes on!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

garden state

it was different, but good, some very funny parts!

i recommend

ohmigosh, SFG, I totally love the original Shall We Dance. I won't give the other a chance, because I kinda sorta loathe the star. But the Japanese version is very good. Sweet but not sappy story, funny, and with bunches of ballroom sequences. Yeah.

Oh, and I can't really see the story being compelling without the drama over daance being taboo in Japan either.

Okay........EVERYONE needs to go and get Ray........Just an awesome movie. I really forgot I was watching an actor with Jamie Foxx ......if he doesn't get the Oscar.......I won't get that at all. AMAZING.

Another good one we saw (I thought I'd have nightmares but, I'm a big wimp anyway) SAW ---pretty good. Great ending.

get ray get ray get ray (I'm driving my friends crazy that haven't seen it yet and really want to go just drop it off to them)!!
    AMAZING directing......the cinemaphotography.....just AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    It was hard holding back the tears in this heart warming story of true love.

James Garner and Gena Rowlands are perfect. I don't see men liking this movie,
    but the women who have loved more than one man in their lifetime will be wondering what if......
    THE NOTEBOOK PG-13
    OMG, I am so NOT a sappy romance fan but I watched THE NOTEBOOK today and by halfway through I was just sobbing! Definitely a chick flick. I loved it...Ryan Gosling is such a hottie and Rachel McAdams was perfect as Allie. And I have always really liked James Garner and Gena Rowlands. Great movie! Made me miss my first love.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I rented SAW
    I love these kind of movies and this one didn't disappoint.
    I am a little confused on the end. It was much better than
    I was expecting and would recommend it all who like Serial Killer movies.

+ Reply to Thread