+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

So funny, Reality tv fan, Kill Bill Volume 2 is exactly my type of movie. I wasn't sure anything could top how perfectly thrilling Volume 1 was, but it was a fantastic film and a fitting conclusion to the story. I am waiting for a special edition to come out, then I'm definitely buying Kill Bill 1 & 2 on DVD to complete my Tarantino DVD collection.

Anyway, we got Troy, mainly because my mom is in lurve with Brad Pitt. I thought, well how bad can this be, it's also got Orlando Bloom and Eric Bana, both of whom are actors I enjoy ogling. Oh man, no amount of guy candy could keep this movie from sucking all the oxygen out of the room. It seemed to go on forever with no passion or purpose. My mind kept wandering and I felt oddly like balancing my checkbook. I didn't even give a rat's ass by the time Brad's bum was onscreen (though I did slow-mo it for mom upon request ). Anyway, big stinker, I do not recommend this at all.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    So funny, Reality tv fan, Kill Bill Volume 2 is exactly my type of movie. I wasn't sure anything could top how perfectly thrilling Volume 1 was, but it was a fantastic film and a fitting conclusion to the story. I am waiting for a special edition to come out, then I'm definitely buying Kill Bill 1 & 2 on DVD to complete my Tarantino DVD collection.

lol...to each their own!!

I rented We Don't Live Here Anymore last night because I read that Laura Dern gave a brilliant acting performance. I have to say that I wasn't disappointed!

The movie overall is hard to recommend because although I liked the tone,it just didn't gel....but Naomi Watts and especially Laura Dern give really amazing performances...so if you are into that kind of thing,I'd say it is at least worth a rental. Some people have described it as Closer-Light if that gives you any indication of what the movie is about. I am afraid to describe it too much because I don't want to give anything away.

We Don't Live Here Anymore

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Whenever I see the title "We Don't Live Here Anymore," I think of the Scorsese pic, "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore." Is there a connection between the two movies? In fact, Laura Dern's mother is one of the main actors (and Laura herself appears as an extra) in "Alice" (a great movie BTW.)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I am waiting for a special edition to come out, then I'm definitely buying Kill Bill 1 & 2 on DVD to complete my Tarantino DVD collection.
    I read somewhere that they're releasing a special edition for each part in August. Then after that, they're releasing a version with the parts combined. Then after that, there's a collector's edition with the parts combined. Is that true? I don't know if I could wait that long. I'll probably just pick up the current releases for a couple of bucks.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Watched NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE last night. Such a riot!!!! I'm still trying to remember the name of one of the movies they spoofed for like a split second, it was either a really subtle nod, or just a coincidence, but now it's bugging me.

I also couldn't figure out which "popular girls" those three were supposed to be portraying, I was thinking Mean Girls, but didn't this movie precede that one??

Anyway, great movie for those like me who have seen pretty much every "teen movie" out there a bazillion times.
    Could does not mean should

It was hard holding back the tears in this heart warming story of true love.

James Garner and Gena Rowlands are perfect. I don't see men liking this movie,
    but the women who have loved more than one man in their lifetime will be wondering what if......
    THE NOTEBOOK PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    I also couldn't figure out which "popular girls" those three were supposed to be portraying, I was thinking Mean Girls, but didn't this movie precede that one??
    Off the top of my head: Clueless, Jawbreakers, Heathers... umm.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Happy Blue:

Off the top of my head: Clueless, Jawbreakers, Heathers... umm.

Well, yeah, that was my question which one.... most of the other spoofs were very direct. She's All That, Can't Hardly Wait, American Pie, etc, etc, you knew exactly which movie they were snarking. This was just a little too generic so I was wondering if anybody had see a movie that was definitely the "original". Sorry for any confusion, my post was a little muddled, not unlike my mind.
    Could does not mean should

My guess, Veronica, is that the pack of ruthless "popular girls" is probably just such a common cinematic trope that it need not refer to one film directly. It has its basis in all the movies HappyBlue referred to, and probably a few more that I can't remember at the moment. I do, however, remember seeing Heathers as a kid, and having the mad crush on Christian Slater's character. It was my favorite teen flick ever! It was so very! *puts on red scrunchie*

Well last night, we rented The Motorcycle Diaries the Walter Salles' film based on the young Che Guevara's "on the road" experience with good friend Alberto Granado, and the way it changed the heart and mind of the Argentinean by exposing him to the injustice and adversity all around him in Latin America. Some people think it is a romanticized portrait of the famous revolutionary Che, and yes it is, but it's not supposed to be a movie about who he would become but rather, what inspired him. I found it to be a touching, gentle, personal film. And not only because I would like to touch hotty Gael Garcia Bernal in a gentle, personal way! Haha, sorry, that was bad, but he's just so darn cute!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ray, ****
    Collateral, ****
    The former, a remarkable biopic on a druggie pop icon. The latter, one of those "it all happened in one night" sort of deals. (It's been done before. Read: Afterhours, Eyes Wide Shut, Harold and Kumar...) It's slow-paced and dreamlike. Like a typical night in L.A., I suppose. Oh yeah, there's also some guy named Foxx in both movies. Ya mighta hearda him.

+ Reply to Thread