+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 420 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Unless it's that guy from Fight Club.

Originally posted by Mdrio9
    My friend lent me that! Ya know that girl Raven? They always spoke of her as a "he." I knew from the first time they showed her that it was a "she." It has boobs...so, it must be a girl, right Fluff??
    Right.

It was just a stupid movie imo.
    I was suprised to see Wes Bentley involved in it.

The main star framle looked like a blonde Jorja Fox to me.

We borrowed four movies from a friend this weekend: "The Full Monty" (which we've both already seen), "Three to Tango", "Keeping the Faith", and "Brassed Off!". "Three to Tango" and "Keeping the Faith" were both pretty good. Haven't seen "Brassed Off!" yet...

I saw some of Brassed Off years ago I think.
    Is that the one with Tara Fitzgerald and Stephen Tompkinson?
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not sure, Fluff. All I know is that Ewan McGregor and Pete Posthelwaite (sp?) are in it...Joey watched it yesterday while I was doing some stuff around the house, and he said it was pretty good...

I watched two comedies this weekend. Big Trouble was great. The story was pretty damn funny, and the casting was great: Tim Allen, Rene Russo, Stanley Tucci, Tom Sizemore, Dennis Farina, Janeane Garofalo, Patrick Warburton, Omar Epps, Jack Kehler, Johnny Knoxville, Zooey Deschanel, Heavy D, Jason Lee, Andy Richter, and Ben Foster all did a really great job.

I also watched Lucky Numbers. Yuck. The only redeeming factor is that Tim Roth is in it. Good or bad, he makes everything he's in better than it would have been without him.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Big Trouble is based on Dave Barry's first novel, isn't it? He's very funny so I imagine the movie might have turned out all right.

I watched the Saturn Survivor Promo DVD this weekend. And two episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus that I borrowed from a friend several months ago.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Well I'm lucky, I never have to rent. My wife and I have a pretty good selection of dvds, but if we don't have something new, odds are one of the guys in my office has purchased it. It's like working at Blockbuster or something. But the last movie I borrowed was this past weekend - "About A Boy" - it was very enjoyable!

We do the Netflix. For those of you who are not familiar with the Netflix, it's a DVD-by-mail program. For $20 (and change) a month, you compile a list of DVD's you would like to see using their Web site. Then, Netflix sends the DVD's to you in a little protective sleeve. Keep the movies as long as you like (no late fees) and send them back in their little sleeves by dropping the movies in any mailbox when you're done.

It's not a bad deal as long as you keep up with the movies, watch them diligently, and send them back for your next movie. But there's the rub: My turnaround time (time between sending movie back and getting next one) is hideous. We're talking about a week or more here.

As if you needed to know what Netflix is. It's not like they don't freakin' ADVERTISE at EVERY Web site you run across these days.

But I digress.

I watched "The Sum of All Fears" and tried to get through "Ali" this weekend.

1. TSoAF was all right. You know that thing you do where your expectations for a movie are so low that anything with higher quality than dirt will entertain you? Well, that's what happened with me and "Sum." I liked Ben Affleck in "Good Will Hunting," but that's the last time I liked him. I have my fingers crossed for "Daredevil," but he wouldn't have been my first choice for the Marvel superhero. Then again, Hollywood didn't ask *me*.

The moral of this movie seemed to be, "If the US gets hit by a nuclear attack, DON'T OVER-REACT."

2. Then there's "Ali." You know the kind of biopic that starts off with that person's most famous moment, then flashes back to his or her childhood and works its way up? Well, we start off with Ali's bout against Sonny Liston, and it just bravely and stubbornly moves forward from there, with no regard for pacing, plot or story. Michael Mann somehow managed to make my favorite sport boring.

I kept trying to watch this dreck until I was merely glancing up from my magazine at the screen every once in a while. After about 45 mins., I asked myself, "Why are you subjecting yourself to this?" When I didn't have a good answer, I turned off the movie.

The moral of the story: "Muhammed Ali's life is boring."

My problem with Netflix is, I'd feel like I had to get my money's worth, so I'd do nothing but sit in front of the TV watching DVD's.

And, we have a chain here called Family Video. Brand new releases, $2.50. A month or so old? $1.00. And you can have them for 5 days. It would take a lot of NetFlix to beat that.

+ Reply to Thread