+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Vincent (Cruise) and Max (Jamie Foxx) are sitting in a jazz club with Daniel who's one of the witnesses Vincent's been hired to kill. Vincent tells Daniel that if he can answer one jazz question, he and Max will walk and Daniel will get to leave. Here's the question. Where did Miles Davis get his jazz knowledge and talent from? Daniel answers that his parents sent him to Juliard School of Music in New York. Max breathes a sigh of relief believing he's right. (technically he was) Vincent stands up and shoots Daniel once in the head and twice in the chest. Vincent then gives the right answer. "Dropped out of Juliard after one year, tracked down Charlie Parker on 52nd Street who mentored him for the next 3 years."
    Oh me too!! That just sticks out of my mind. Poor Jazz Man. And it just happened really suddenly too, he didn't even stand up just POP POP POP. I don't even think I saw his hand move! O.O!!!!!

I'm having a bad movie weekend:
    First I watch Mean Girls, wish I hadn't,then I watch the most wretched "When Will I Be Loved?". Neve Campbell isn't bad in this movie it's everyone else. The screeching music just will not stop making a halfway decent (or should I say different) story unbearable.

Her boyfriend (Frederick Weller) is just plain horrid. The two sex scenes (one female and one male) are done with clothes on.

The Door in the Floor, with Kim Basinger and Jeff Bridges. I watched this only because it's based on a John Irving novel I loved, A Widow For One Year. It followed the book quite faithfully, but unfortunately the movie covered only the first half of the book. Extremely disappointing as the second part of the novel, with Ruth as the central character, is really the basis for the entire story, IMO. If you watch this make sure you have a big box of Kleenex beside you. Decent performances by the cast, anyway.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Agree AJane. So far really no movie has captured the depth of the stories in John Irving's books. Probably hard to do given the time he takes to create that depth. World According to Garp came pretty close, maybe Hotel New Hamsphire second, but really nothing nails it. Cider House Rules was a complete departure from the actual story.

I thought Widow for One Year was his best book in a long time, a great read for those looking for one.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights -watched it last night......definitley doesn't even come close to the original. The cast/performance were mediocre and the story had nothing to do with the original movie. Patrick Swayze did make a brief cameo appearance as a dance instructor....and well...he can still dance. Overall I did enjoy the music and dancing.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes but wasn't he scary looking ? I liked Diego Luna in that Movie . Other wise I agree, it was a skip it please.

I, Robot and The Forgotten.

I, Robot was pretty good. The Forgotten, not so much. I really wanted to like it, but there were too many plotline holes for my liking.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Yes but wasn't he scary looking ? I liked Diego Luna in that Movie . Other wise I agree, it was a skip it please.
    Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights' SOLE purpose is as a vehicle for ogling Latin hottie Diego Luna. In my household, this movie was rented in secrecy and shame, and viewed on a Girls' Night In.

Anyway, we rented Alien vs. Predator. Hubby is a HUGE Predator fan, and I loved the Aliens films, so we had fun with this film even if it was virtually plotless. Plots? We don't need no stinkin' plots! The FX were awesome and the action was fast. A good time was had by all.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights' SOLE purpose is as a vehicle for ogling Latin hottie Diego Luna.
    Diego! I have to admit I haven't seen the movie. Diego was incredibly enticing but I didn't want to spend money to watch in the cinema.

I just watched "Down with Love". It was prettiful and Renee is just beautiful in the movie. After "Bridget Jones 2" ugly-look, I am glad she looked great in that movie. Why is Ewan McGregor married?
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    [Yes but wasn't he scary looking ? I liked Diego Luna in that Movie . Other wise I agree, it was a skip it please.]

Diego was cute......as for Patrick swayze, I MUCH prefer to watch him in the original movie. It was too weird seeing him in this one, and SO much older. He's still a great dancer though.

+ Reply to Thread