+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Saved ... really enjoyed it.

Wicker Park
    A love story that would never happen in real life. This is one of those movies you have to pay attention or you'll get lost. Done with a lot of flash-backs. The music is great.
    You feel the pain of the actors lost love, they did their job.

I rented Wicker Park, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, and Manchurian Candidate last week.

Wicker Park 0.5/5
    Urgh!! This was sooooo lame! The previews make it seem like something different, and it's not. It was just...horrible. I don't recommend anyone seeing it I was deathly bored.

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle 4/5
    I thought this was hilarious. LOL. I don't really like weed humor, but this movie doesn't have much in it. John Cho was really lovable and cute, and Kal Pen was very funny and sarastic. It had some great lines in it.

Manchurian Candidate - Yet to see....

Anyway, I returned Wicker Park & Harold and Kumar and got The Village and Papparazzi.

The Village 2/5
    Wasn't scary at all. Very dissapointed, but it was definately interesting. I didn't really *get* a few things
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Like if your 7 year old son is sick, why in the crap wouldn't you go and get meds to save him?! You'd just let him die?! Not to mention, it's wrong to do that to people without giving them a choice. You nutjobs have a choice, they did not.

Paparazzi - Yet to see.

Just rented the Manchurian Candidate last night, and ended up watching it to the wee morning. Good movie, I must say. The camera work and editing was well done, I must say, with the suspense of a good mystery movie. While I think it's a great film, I think Man on Fire was better (when it comes to Denzel Washington roles).

I'm going to end up watching Troy tomorrow I hope. All of the customers keep asking me how it is, and I just have to go off word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    Paparazzi
    A well done revenge flick, you can't help thinking of Princess DI.
    This movie won't win any awards, but I liked it from beginning to end.
    The price of fame.........
    Ok, I saw it, and I agree. I *really* enjoyed it. I thought it was very well done. The whole gun/police stunt? That was smart as anything!

But yeah, it was just overall really good in my opinion. It was fun.

The Color of Money- I found it OK. I thought Tom Cruise's acting was pretty bad. He didn't do the "not so bright but gifted and energetic kid" role very well. Also his character switch towards the end of the movie wasn't very natural, but I suppose that's the script's fault. Paul Newman however, was very good. 2.5 of 5

Whale Rider - I really liked it. The acting was excellent, and the heroine of the film did a great job except for the fact that I thought her wooden attitude was a little too wooden. I understand that that is part of her character especially considering the pressure that's on her, but I really wished I saw more emotions on her face during most of the movie. The scene where she was on the stage, however, was beautifully acted. One major qualm I had about this movie concerns the plot and has some spoilers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I really had trouble understanding the various characters' reaction to the grandfather. Let's face it - the guy was a little baby. Always so mad when things don't go his way, always blaming misfortunes on OTHERS and such a happy man when he finds his leader. He also inflicted so much hurt on peopel around him to get his way. Fine - worry about the ancestors and how your people need a leader, but do it with some grace. I thought he was a bad man and didn't deserve his granddaughter working so tirelessly to please him.
    4 of 5

Boiler Room- I really liked it. I found the scenes inthe boiler room where they were talking about their system and the specifics of their work very interesting. The relationship story felt slightly forced but it was fine. Enjoyable movie.3.5 of 5
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    The Perfect Score - eh, it was ok....nothing great, had a bit of the Breakfast Club Vibe to it.....but of course doesn't even come close to that classic. A bit dull I'd skip this one.

I actually watched Troy early Sunday morning (like, 1am early) and watched the entire thing with very little sleep the previous night, and being up and about all day. Nonetheless, it's a good movie, and I'd recommend it. The only thing I'd say that's really bad about it is the length of the film, but otherwise, I have no problems at all with it.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Though, near the end, when Paris was practicing his archery skills, and started shooting Achilles, all I could see was a talk elf with pointy ears and green clothing firing arrows quickly. You know who I'm talking about.
    Other than that, loved it. I'd give it a 4/5 due it's length, though.

I should be renting something that has come out today, but the only one that really looks good and fits my tastes is Forgotten. Cellular doesn't excite me at all, Catwoman doesn't need explaining, and why Friday Night Lights seems like a good drama, I probably won't watch it for another few weeks.

I rented a Korean stop-motion animated feature about a piece of canine excrement that struggles with loneliness and searches for his purpose in life. Yes, that's right, it's a movie about a piece of dog crap that is going through an existential crisis, and it's called Doggy Poo.

[IMG]images/img/doggypoo.jpeg[/IMG]

Yes, it might sound bizarre--though it is apparently based on a popular (poopular?) Korean children's story which won the 1968 Children's Literature Award--and yes, I rented it on a lark because when I saw it in the foreign film section and watched a clip, I thought to myself, "This must be some kind of joke." Well, it's not, and furthermore, it's a surprisingly sentimental and, dare I say it, moving (I hear you chuckling in the peanut gallery!) story about the meaning of life and how all things have a purpose. Sure he's no Mr. Hankey, but Doggy Poo just might win your heart.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I just rented St. Elmo's Fire, an old Brat Pack movie made when I was 2 years old. I was skeptical at first because it is so old, but it turns out that I absolutely LOVE this movie. Sure it is dated with the 80s haircuts and clothes but I overlooked all that and found a really nice story about 7 friends who just graduated college and now have to grow up. I would recommend this to anyone who just graduated or is graduating or anyone who just misses the 80s.

By the way may I just add that although I think Rob Lowe looks cute back then I still think is way hotter now at 41 years old. (Yep I have a crazy older guy crush on guy technically old enough to be my father.)

+ Reply to Thread