+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Mean Girls.... very good movie for capturing parts of high school. My daughter rented it, or I never would have seen it.
    So true. My mouth dropped when I saw Lindsay's character eating lunch in the bathroom stall because she had no one to talk too.

It was EXACTLY what I did when I started high school. I would get lunch, put some paper on the seat, and sit down and eat. That, or not eat at all and just wait for lunch to finish.

I watched these movies on new year's day:

1) Dirty Dancing 2, Havana Nights
    That Diego guy is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo sexy. Not that bad movie. watchable. great music. Cameo appearance by Mr Swayze

2) Fahrenheit 9/11
    Very sad. Very disturbing. Some parts are quite funny though.
    realitytvbites!

Reading this thread reminds me how far BEHIND I am on my movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I also saw "Napoleon Dynamite". Maybe I'm just not smart enough to get it, but ... I didn't really like it.
    I'm sure you are smart! I didn't care for it either! I had a bad feeling as soon as I realized it was an MTV movie, lol.

One of my friends compared it to when they had that monkey paint pictures and then showed them to art critics who raved, only to later find out they were nothing more than finger paintings from a orangutan.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    So true. My mouth dropped when I saw Lindsay's character eating lunch in the bathroom stall because she had no one to talk too.

It was EXACTLY what I did when I started high school. I would get lunch, put some paper on the seat, and sit down and eat. That, or not eat at all and just wait for lunch to finish.
    *Roseskid runs over to hug Frostelized* Tina Fey obviously knew what she was writing about.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Butterfly Effect

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I rented Surviving Christmas and I kind of liked it Very *cute* if you aren't expecting high class acting. Great picks for each part.

I'm about to watch Anchorman tonight and I'm so excited everyone here seemed to love it.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I've rented and borrowed a bunch, so please bear with me!!!

Mystic River was pretty damn good. The thing I don't get though is how Sean Penn and Tim Robbins got Oscars but Kevin Bacon didn't?? I think Sean Penn is so overrated, personally. Still, I give it a 4/5.

Reservoir Dogs...I have never seen this one and wasn't too much of a fan of Quentin Tarintino type movies but I really liked it. 4/5

Hellraiser: Inferno is so bad that I just will lump my other borrowed one Hellraiser: Hellseeker right alongside it. I haven't seen part 3 but the first 2 IMHO were the best. both of those get 0/5

Supersize Me...I hate fast (crap) food as is...but this just made me shudder. It's an EXCELLENT documentary. I implore everyone (whether you like fast food or not) to watch it. 5/5

The Lion King II: Simba's Pride movie picks up where Simba and Nala have a daughter, Kiara, and have to deal with some of Scar's predecessors. VERY good sequel, very surprised I liked it because I usually do NOT like Disney sequels. 4/5

Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury is an Aeon Flux-esque type of cartoon/anime that is set in between Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick. IMHO not worth a rental. 2/5
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Glued to the screen for 2 hrs and 43 mins. I loved Troy. I don't care that it's a flop, the movie had me. (could have used some love scenes with Brad) Thousands of extras and the visual was perfect.

Garden State Well made, well-acted film. It's not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate why many people love it.

Anchorman A disappointment. It was very funny in spots, but the spots were too few for me. I enjoy slapstick, but this was too over the top for me.

Wimbledon Really enjoyed this one. The CGI was to technically difficult and done so well. Fun story, well-acted, and fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread