+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Last Movies You Have Rented

This week we rented:
    Super size me
    The Manchurian Candidate /
    Starsky & Hutch
    Napoleon Dynamite /
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    The Bourne Supremacy - saw this last night....not my cup of tea.....but would appeal to people who like espionage style movies. Matt Damon was good .

The last movies I rented before the holidays came up were

Princess Diaries 2: out of
    I really enjoyed this! It was fun to watch, had some cute and funny moments in it, and had a good message in it instead of being what you expected. It would be fun to see a 3rd one, if they're able to make it just as good.

Hero: out of
    I thought this had some great storylines in it, and I liked the way they made the story flow. I also liked the scenary and overall look of the movie. They would pick bland colors as a background and then have the actor wearing bright robes of turqoise and dark blue, and it was just really amazing to look at. Jet Li's character was really monotone, but the action scenes and "visualness" of the movie more than makes up for it.

Napoleon Dynamite: Loved every single thing about it! Napoleon Dynamite

Two Brothers: & I absolutely LOVE tigers (fav. animal of all time) and I knew this movie would be 'cute' as well as 'sad'. Well, it WAS sad..chock full of sad stuff, made me cry a lot. BUT, as usual...it ended happily, which is why I gave the thumbs up also. If you want to teach your kids about the destruction of the wilderness and evilness of mankind toward animals, this is the show to show'm. Two Brothers

Corn: Stupidest movie ever created. Not even worth falling asleep while holding the DVD in your hand. Absolute waste of money...throw your $$ down a sewer, you'll get more satisfaction. Click for something more exciting

Stepford Wives: I dunno yet. The neighbor borrowed it the first day I brought it home and still hasn't returned it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

We borrowed Stepford Wives from a friend a few weeks ago. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't pay money to see it. The only good parts were with Bette Midler & the gay guy.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Mystic River about three childhood friends who are reunited due to one of the friend's daughter's murder. NOt as overrated as it seemed...but I give it a 4/5

White Chicks is about 2 FBI agents who go undercover and pose as 2 well, white chicks. pretty funny. 3.5/5

Stepford Wives with Nicole Kidman...it was pretty good- not as bad as I expected. 3/5

Mean Girls...loved this one!!! 4/5
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    We borrowed Stepford Wives from a friend a few weeks ago. All I can say is that I'm glad I didn't pay money to see it. The only good parts were with Bette Midler & the gay guy.

Unfortunately I DID PAY MONEY TO SEE IT and hated it...yuck. I agree that those two things were the best parts of the movie. Nicole Kidman was horrendous in this, and personally I would have preferred the remake to be darker and on the scarier side rather than a dark COMEDY, since I'm not a fan of dark comedies

De-lovely Enjoyed it a lot. Great performances by Kevin Kline (always good) and Ashley Judd. Would have been on my must-see list for the music alone.

Danny Deckchair Nothing great, but an enjoyable feel-good movie. I basically rented it becuase of Miranda Otto. I'll pretty much rent anything with LOTR actors in it.

The Manchurian Candidate Superbly done. I was prepared to dislike this movie because I usually hate remakes of classics. This was the exception that proves the rule. Brilliant casting.

I, Robot...A lot of people told me that they heard it wasnt good but I really liked it!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I, Robot...A lot of people told me that they heard it wasnt good but I really liked it!

same here, I loved the cool future environment, and basically this is just a fun watch.

+ Reply to Thread